• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding and pairing

bunlover

Warren Veteran
hi when my bun chelsea stayed with me both mum and i agree she is a bit lonely (her sis died 2.5 yrs ago) we did try her with a few buns to start with but i think she was grieving then. now we have decided would like to get her a husbun as it seems that would be the best pairing problem is she is 9 and a half and would like an older bun if posible... do you think this is an acceptable challenge m mum and bun are in gloucester, mum and dad want to either a do bonding themselves....or b take chelsea to a rescu bond her but they dont want her left there overnight (she is used to being free range in garden from dusk till dawn and has an extension of the house which is about 8ft by 3ft which she lives in at night (though can access through a bunny door in day) which her hutch is in. mum doesnt want her extra stressed by leaving her o/n in a strange place. plus her age she is in good health tho does not binky as she used to ... a lovely temperment but does not really apprichiate human company. she is not aggressive is vaccinated and neutered. does any one know a)best place to find an older boy b) what age should be minimum c)how long bonding usually takes and if d) would be able to take her home each night if did bond at a rescue?! sorry for such a long post hoping u guys can help us out! (mum not a member on here but sometimes reads the posts mostly i update her! (pps chelt animal rescue centre have no buns apparently and a j s only have a 5yr old female. any where else to try?!

The only thing I can comment on is that once you start bonding you can't seperate them, as you'd be back to the beginning every time you re-introduced them

What you could always do is bring the new bun home and put them in neutral territory for a few days until they settle down, whilst you scrub all her areas with white vinegar to remove her scent (I know that would be hard to do in a garden)

Nicola

Back