• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit pet rescue center - help?

sunflower4357

Young Bun
Hiya

I remember a while ago I was seraching on these forums and found a thread that mentioned something about a place you can take your rabbit.

Basically you take your rabbit to a centre of some sort and your rabbit is bonded with another rabbit, the people at the centre help out a kind of "love at first sight" type of thing. Im not sure if its a pet rescue centre of some sort?

Does anyone know more about this? or does anyone know of a location near the teesside area i can go to for this?

Cheers

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp#England

This is a list of rescues, hopefully you'll find something near you. Scroll until you get to your county. Have you tried your local RSPCA?

Hiya, yeah ive just been looking on that site, but thing is Im sure theres a place you can take your rabbit and they kind of bond the rabbit with another one themselves. Will the RSPCA do that? its like a love at first sight type of thing - im sure ive read it that someone else on here did it, but cant for the life of me find it.

Cheers

Hiya, yeah ive just been looking on that site, but thing is Im sure theres a place you can take your rabbit and they kind of bond the rabbit with another one themselves. Will the RSPCA do that? its like a love at first sight type of thing - im sure ive read it that someone else on here did it, but cant for the life of me find it.

Cheers

It's usually a rescue centre. There are people on here who run rescues, most of whom will be listed on Rabbit Rehome.

If you get in touch with a local centre just ask them if they do bonding.

im really rubbish at geography.. but is teeside anywhere near Birmingham, leicester, manchester areas? there are certainly people on here who run rescues and would help you pick and bond your rabbits ;) If im way off.. maybe just post what areas you could travel to so we can see who is near to you if there arent any listed in teeside itself ;)

im really rubbish at geography.. but is teeside anywhere near Birmingham, leicester, manchester areas? there are certainly people on here who run rescues and would help you pick and bond your rabbits ;) If im way off.. maybe just post what areas you could travel to so we can see who is near to you if there arent any listed in teeside itself ;)

I think teeside is newcastle area??

When I went to the RSPCA this weekend, they told me if I found a bun I wanted, then I had to take my bun there and introduce them both and she could 'usually' tell if there was a chance they would get on. I'm sure if you ask wherever you go they will give you all the help you need - after all, all they want is a good home for their bunnies!

Let me know if you find anywhere in Teesside. I am from Hartlepool and having been looking for the last couple of weeks without any luck. Everywhere seems hours away. Flopsy is having the deadly deed done in two weeks so wanted to start researching early so I can find him a girlfriend once he is ready.

Good Luck

Yes, we do bondings for free at in our rescue, I think most rescues do them you just need to ring around a few

All rescues are different and work by their own rules and regulations.

My geographical knowledge of rescues in the south is fairly good to know what ones to suggest that you would get assistance with bonding, unfortunately in the North of England my knowledge is a little lacking. I would suggest that you contact some of the rescue centres near you and ask if they will help you bond your bun to one of theirs.

I foster for a couple of Rescues & have done a few bondings for people, & for people on here:D :D If you ask about, there'll be one near you:D

Back