• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help me Donkey is a bully! :-(

BirdieBun

Wise Old Thumper
What on earth can I do?

Okay so took Donkey a week or so to settle in and every since then he has been really bullying Bobby chasing him away at every chance possible.

Yesterday I felt a few scabs over Bobby's body and looked in the fur but could just see new fur coming through where Donkey pulls it out.

Today I picked Bobby up and he has a few bite marks (I think or could be small scratches) inside his one ear :cry:

It walways happens when I am not there as when I am there its just chasing and I push down on Donkey's head and tell him no firmly.

What can I do to stop this? I fear its going to tear one of Bobby's ears or what if he got an abcess on his skin from the biting - when I say biting its a quick nip however Donkey nipped me yesterday and it does come sharp!

Please guys I need help as I feel so sorry for my Bobby :cry:

P.s Donkey is not doing this to Bambi whatsoever :?

Can't offer any advice but would be interested in the response as Poppy still chases/nips SweetPea and I feel sorry for her as she's so little :cry:

Aww hun Im hoping things will calm down soon between them. :D Donkey seems to be a dominant bun :) Sending calming vibes to the wee Donkey Bunny :D

Thanks gusy I just dont want this to escalate resulting in Bobby getting an abcess or having his ear torn cos Donkey has taken it too far - am I being cruel leaving them together?

Thanks gusy I just dont want this to escalate resulting in Bobby getting an abcess or having his ear torn cos Donkey has taken it too far - am I being cruel leaving them together?

Is Bobby getting stressed by it? I often wonder if sweetpea is bothered by the chasing but she doesnt seem upset or stressed by it. It has got better as she no longer has bite marks on her :shock:

So the bite marks did stop for sweetpea how many did you find?

He seems okay to be honest he seems to like a cuddle from me a bit more than usual but I do chuck Donkey on the Garden on his own sometimes and leave Bobby and Bambi alone so he gets her to himself a bit :)

So the bite marks did stop for sweetpea how many did you find?

He seems okay to be honest he seems to like a cuddle from me a bit more than usual but I do chuck Donkey on the Garden on his own sometimes and leave Bobby and Bambi alone so he gets her to himself a bit :)

For the first month or so Sweetpea had small bite marks all over her rear end, I couldn't see them but I could feel tiny scabs under her fur, probably ten or more :cry: but now it's just fur pulling, no bite marks and the old ones healed fine. and Poppy will snuggle up to Sweetpea, it tends to be worse when Dave's around, I think Poppy see him as "hers" :roll:

When I say bite marks they weren't bleeding of anything, just little nicks really! Don't want people to think I was letting Poppy rip chunks out of her :shock:

For the first month or so Sweetpea had small bite marks all over her rear end, I couldn't see them but I could feel tiny scabs under her fur, probably ten or more :cry: but now it's just fur pulling, no bite marks and the old ones healed fine. and Poppy will snuggle up to Sweetpea, it tends to be worse when Dave's around, I think Poppy see him as "hers" :roll:

When I say bite marks they weren't bleeding of anything, just little nicks really! Don't want people to think I was letting Poppy rip chunks out of her :shock:

Awww hun yeh mine is the same thing there is no blood I just feel like tiny nick marks but cant see them just can see really short furr growing back as it keeps getting ripped out - hoepfully this will all blow over or Bobby will turn round a bite Donkey back that woudl show him :shock:

Yeah what I have found is Sweetpea is scared of Poppy so will run away, even when Poppy is trying to be freindly, and that makes Poppy chase her :roll: Poor Gussy tries to break it up and get between them :lol: Sweetpea will run and try and hide behind him. sometimes it gets too much for him and he hides under the cupboard :roll:

Awwww I just dont know what to do for the best I will have to monitor things and if they get any worse i dont know what I will do :cry:

Naughty Donkey!

Do you think moving them to neutral territory again might help? :?

I was wondering that too, Jeni & Rhia love each other to bits, but Jen just cant help herself being terretorial over her house & her food, and she really does bully Rhia at times, we just re-bond every so often before it gets worse, ie back to the basics, neutral territory, white vinegar everywhere :roll: etc Really hope they sort it out, its not nice to watch Xx

Naughty Donkey!

Do you think moving them to neutral territory again might help? :?

I dont know Mandy as they have always lived in the same place together so I dont have anywhere else I could move them to and this was bobby's home originally not Donkey yet its Donkey picking on Bobby :rolleyes:

I was wondering that too, Jeni & Rhia love each other to bits, but Jen just cant help herself being terretorial over her house & her food, and she really does bully Rhia at times, we just re-bond every so often before it gets worse, ie back to the basics, neutral territory, white vinegar everywhere :roll: etc Really hope they sort it out, its not nice to watch Xx

Thanks hun I would definitely think this was the cause if it was the other way round and it was Bobby picking on Donkey however its Donkey that is the newcomer and Bobby is really scared of Donkey now and he used to be so relaxed and happy with just Bambi before :cry:

I already told you in a PM that I have the same problem with Penny and Sunnie. I found several bite marks on Sunnie's rear end, too, and like in Louise's case, I think it is slowly getting better. Because Penny nipped her a few times, Sunnie is now scared of her and runs away as soon as she comes close to her. Which then causes Penny to chase her even more. They are all fine on neutral territory and during feeding, but normally Sunnie is upstairs in the hutch and the others are downstairs. Luna is ok with Sunnie, and Snoopy is usually either ignoring her or giving her a quick grooming. It's only Penny who is being mean. Luckily we haven't had much ear damage so far. Sunnie lost a tiny piece during the first hour of bonding, but usually she just gets nipped in the bum. :(
How long has Donkey been bonded to the others now? I would give it a bit more time and hope he'll calm down.

Thanks hun I would definitely think this was the cause if it was the other way round and it was Bobby picking on Donkey however its Donkey that is the newcomer and Bobby is really scared of Donkey now and he used to be so relaxed and happy with just Bambi before :cry:

Perhaps Donkey is trying to establish being the dominant bun but working harder at it because he still thinks Bobby owns the house? :?

Well I have had them living together now for 3 weeks on Sunday so it may still calm down :)

Becki - god knows what our bunnies think lol! Bobby acts in no threatening way whatsoever towards Donkey and runs every time he goes near him now he even runs from Bambi sometimes as he thinks she could be Donkey approaching :cry:

I suppose 3 weeks isn't that long, so their still sorting out their heirarchy.

My 4 that I bonded this week I think will take a while to properly settle down. I found a small nick on Moonshine that I think Dudley has done cos he want's to be the boss bunny!

Yes i suppose I just need to give them time.

However if there was a more serious injury as a result of this would people then say to me I cant believe you let this go on Carys? :cry:

Back