• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I bring Bobby & Pippa in for the Winter?

Should they be temporary house bunnies again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
More because im concerned about Pippa, she is nearly 7 now and suffers from tumours on much of her body :( she is a happy bunny and I think she enjoys indoors as much as outside. Her boy bunny Bobby is 3 and healthy although he does have poor eyesight. Again he dosnt seem bothered wether he is in or out.

They get the run of the house when we are home but are confined to an indoor cage the rest of the time. Outside they have a large hutch and run which they get to use every day.

Problem is Bobby is impossible to litter train (Pip is really good) and the OH gets really annoyed with him toileting everywhere :rolleyes: .

.... outdoors!

Why are you considering bringing them in? Is it because of the colder weather? They will be well adapted if they are outdoor rabbits.

Many posters do have concerns about keeping their rabbits warm enough in the winter, but for those rabbits that have the 24 hr access to a run, quite honestly as snug as you make the hutch they always sit outside :lol:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buns that are old and have health/medical concerns always need special consideration, and even more so in cold weather.

I'd have them as indoor bunnies now they're not in such good condition, especially as they seem happy indoors (mine all hated it!) If Bobby's not litter trained then why not confine them to an area where you can put a couple of duvet covers down to protect the floor? my pigs have a collapsable run in the living room like this - I put some megazorb sacks underneath the duvet and it's easy to clean up :)

Back