• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anti giving birth overnight vibes please

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
Not for me:rolleyes: :lol:
A bloke dropped a couple of "6 year old female" rabbits at a vets, to be PTS as he had been unable to rehome them. My vets contacted me. They are actually a male/female pair, vet thinks about 6 months old:roll:
They are getting neutered/spayed tomorrow, so the girlie needs to NOT GIVE BIRTH tonight. My vets are standing the cost of the spay:love: .

I've got to say though - you should see them. A siamese sable dwarf lop female & a seal point( - siamese cat colour???) dwarf lop male. Female is really friendly, the male is a licker:lol:

Whatever Rescue I con into rehoming these for me is gonna be so lucky:lol:

Ooooo con me!!!! :lol: I love seal points, so pretty.

Lots of NO BABY vibes for you......Iz would be 35 days gone today and noi nest activity so I think we are in the clear here.

Just need to bulk her up for her spey now.

Well little girl started nesting last night, so I was a wreck by this morning. Both were neutered/spayed today. Vet nurse informed me she was quite far gone though. I did have a few guilty feelings then - it's only my second pregnant-bun spay:cry:

But both buns are back together now (only separated for one night by mesh, in case she gave birth)

:( Oh bless her. Fortunately the only girl I had aborted was not far gone, is there not a cut off point at all? I know my vets wont operate after about 20 days.

I've barely slept I'm so upset over this topic :cry:

Was I the only person rooting for these babies to be born to save them from being butchered? :cry: I just keep thinking of them wriggling and breathing on the vets table, wondering where their mummy's milk is and why it's so cold :cry:

I could have saved myself a lot of work and expense if I'd thought of doing this when I rescued the guinea pigs - those 7 babies now being 2yrs old, is it too late to have them PTS? If so, then why?

Is an animal only worth saving when a human has said 'Awwwww - it's so cute'?

Why not kill a litter as it's born - it would be easy and far more convenient?

Why not kill all homeless rabbits?

It just makes a complete nonsense of animal rescue to me - if only these babies had had the sense to be born 24hrs earlier, we'd all be saying how cute they were now :(

RIP little baby bunnies - you deserve a thread on rainbow bridge just as much as any bunny - I'm certainly grieving for you :cry:

I've barely slept I'm so upset over this topic :cry:

Was I the only person rooting for these babies to be born to save them from being butchered? :cry: I just keep thinking of them wriggling and breathing on the vets table, wondering where their mummy's milk is and why it's so cold :cry:

I could have saved myself a lot of work and expense if I'd thought of doing this when I rescued the guinea pigs - those 7 babies now being 2yrs old, is it too late to have them PTS? If so, then why?

Is an animal only worth saving when a human has said 'Awwwww - it's so cute'?

Why not kill a litter as it's born - it would be easy and far more convenient?

Why not kill all homeless rabbits?

It just makes a complete nonsense of animal rescue to me - if only these babies had had the sense to be born 24hrs earlier, we'd all be saying how cute they were now :(

RIP little baby bunnies - you deserve a thread on rainbow bridge just as much as any bunny - I'm certainly grieving for you :cry:

Lots of arguments for and against this, I don't think this is the place to discuss it as it will invariably turn into an argument as emotive topics always do on here.

I must say I was secretly hoping Angie to be like 'they're here' but I can underatand the reasoning behind it and its upto her what she wants to do with her own (albeit foster) bunnies!

I'm not trying to start an argument, merely defending and speaking up for those who have no voice - isn't that what animal rescue is about?

Back