• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

neglecting bunnies?

k.mdaniels

Alpha Buck
I feel really bad for my bunnies. I feel there not getting out there hutch much during the week especially now that its getting dark early!

My main two problems that cant be changed are:

1 My partner and I work full time, so we're out the house from 8am to 5pm
2 My two male bunnies fight and have to be kept separated, they arent neutered but I really dont think it would stop the fighting

I let them out for an hour before I go to work and then they are out from 5pm to 8pm at night but its getting dark really early and its only going to get worse.

They have their own "Thistle hall" hutch each, they have Octagon pens for excersise but their not attached to their hutches.

Does anybody else have this kind of schedule? if so how do you manage?

do you have room to add a run to each of their hutches? Or what about a pen in a garage?
Otherwise im afraid i cant think of anything else :?
What size is a thistle hall hutch?

I have to juggle 15 ( a trio, 3 pairs and lots of singles) rabbits between 5 runs (4 currently as one is on loan) and try to get them all out fr at least 4 hours a day.

The weather makes it very hard and I often have to nip home at luch time to switch everyone over.

They are often left unsupervised.....they wpuld get very little exercise otherwise but the runs are on concrete, lidded and sturdy and they have hidey holes and boxes.

I think you may find they will stop fighting if you get them done. My boys were like different bunnies after their ops.

:D

I think you may find they will stop fighting if you get them done. My boys were like different bunnies after their ops.

:D

What were they like before the operation ? did they fight?

My tow boys are not from the same litter. The were together when we got them at 8 weeks old but 3 weeks after that their hormones kicked in and they started fighting in their run one day. We separated them and about a week later we tried them together again but they went straight into fighting mode. I have their pens next to each other and sometimes it looks as if their sqauring up to each other.

What were they like before the operation ? did they fight?

My tow boys are not from the same litter. The were together when we got them at 8 weeks old but 3 weeks after that their hormones kicked in and they started fighting in their run one day. We separated them and about a week later we tried them together again but they went straight into fighting mode. I have their pens next to each other and sometimes it looks as if their sqauring up to each other.

I had 4 boys happily together before their hormones kicked in. Then they all started fighting etc. After their ops they all calmed down again.

good luck:)

I have a hutch over run and they have access to it 24/7, rather I should say access to the hutch as they use the run all the time! Sue&Sooty on here has a Thistle Hall with permanent run attached, although I don't know if they have 24/7 access or just daytime, but if it's secure enough and on concrete they should be absolutely fine. You could search, Sue has posted pics of her setup in the past. I think if a fox can't get into the run in daylight, they won't at nighttime either - I always cover it all up with tarpauline overnight too.

k.mdaniels said:
My tow boys are not from the same litter. The were together when we got them at 8 weeks old but 3 weeks after that their hormones kicked in and they started fighting in their run one day.

that's why getting them nuetered will stop that hopefully. ;)

Back