• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milly & Molly come to see me!!!

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
hiya
When ever I go up to the bars of their hutch or run, they come running over and put their paws up against the bars and stretch up until their face is at my face. Is this affection or something else???

deffinatly.
rabbits nudge noses as a way of saying hello its proberlly what they want to do to you! Midnight nearly always does it every morning, if she doesn't it means shes in a bad mood (vvvv scary jokes)

they nudge my hand loads, but if I try to stroke them on the head, they crouch down their head and back away. What do I do after they nudge?

well bowing the head is a submissive state meaning they want to be groomed (well obviously humans dont want to lick their bunny friends but a stroke hits the spot!) so it means they do like you stroking their heads, im not sure why the walk back though, maybe they are trying to show you a perfect spot to sit?!

I'm getting them accustomed to me scratching between their ears and the base of them, so they are getting better at that now. Their hearts still race when they are held. They will stay still for longer without struggling and I can pick them up and hold them from their hutch to their run, just!!! So, i don't use their carrier anymore, since their fight in it. :roll: I only use it when they go to the vets.

A little nudge is a bunny way of saying either "hello" or "got any food". Mine come rushing up to me whenever they see me but I hate to say it's not affection, it's hope that I've bought something tasty to eat :lol:

sounds like they're still in the second phase you = food stage of getting to know you (which is much better than phase 1 you = "you're going to eat me I know it"). Give it a few more weeks and then you'll be in stage 3 you = slave who obays my every command.

Back