• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bi-Eyed Bunnies

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone ever come across a Bi-Eyed bunny, not that in each eye is a different colour but that the Iris on the same eye is split into two different colours?

Our fat Lily bunny has both her eyes split between Blue and Brown....its really strange to look at but quite striking too.

I had a Dutch cross girl named Flopsi, one of her eyes was brown, the other one was half brown and half blue. It looked quite funny.

Jess has - her other eye is more brown than blue

CIMG7710.jpg

can i post a picture of my mother then? she has one brown eye and one green eye! :lol: but it means i have like no eye colour because i have a mix of three colours! my mums and my dads blue ones!

Yes, both of my hotot girls Fey and Sprite (RIP) have that. I think it looks really neat! A show breeder told me that it means they were probably crossed with blue eyed white rabbits a generation or two ago.

Oh really? I thought it was some kind of gene mutation. Its certainly 'different'. I will pop a pic up tomorrow, the light is terrible in here and my phone gives rubbish pictures as it is.

My Dutch cross has this in both eyes, half blue-half brown.

It seems to be really common in Dutch crosses I'm finding, do you think they may carry a recessive gene for it or something?

Back