• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

coat and moulting tips.

Rabbers

Mama Doe
I really would like to see Rolo with a full coat (just one too!) and with a lovely shine. I know she has it in her - i have a photo of her like this (but only one:roll: ).

She is constantly moulting at the moment. The last time I saw her looking great and healthy was April. Are there any supplements you can give to help condition of coat?

They get pellets, veg, hay grass everyday. I'm also giving papaya to help the gut along with bio-lapis.

I am in the same boat:lol: :lol: :lol: fur everywhere but the birds are loving it for their nests:lol: :lol:

I dont think this years weather has helped at all, one minute it is hot, next cold which is probably why so many buns have been in a permanent moult:( and look right scruff bags:lol: :lol:

I know that sunflower seeds give rabbits lovely shiney coats but I wouldn't advise them unless you have an underweight bun as they are extremely fattening and before you know it, you will end up with a barrel bun:lol: :lol: :lol:

There was a wild plant that nips a moult in the bud but cannot remember what it was but, again I dont believe in nipping it in the bud anyway as it is there natural way of coping with the weather conditions even though they do seem to be either in their summer one minute, then the winter one the next, then back to the summer coat and hopefully this will defiantely their winter coat :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can only recommend plenty of daily brushing:lol: :lol: :lol:

dr sqiuggles daily essentals1 is good for helping them come through moult as it is full of sulphur containing amino acids needed for making new hair you just add it to the water.:D
i wouldnt recomend lots of grooming because you could actually damage the new coat coming though wat i do is spray distilled witch hazel on the bun then run my hands up and down the coat till its completly dry you will see its spectaclar when thier coat comes through and the witch hazel cleans and freshens the coat:D

Thanks for the advice! I'll do a bit more grooming than i already am (she doesn't let me do it very often) and I do have some sunflower seeds around so I'll give her some as a treat (she was underweight before she was treated for EC and she looks a little bit better now).

Back