• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Get well soon vibes for Remus please (Update: 30th Sep-We have poo!)

Bex

Warren Scout
Remus is rather poorly, we've had a pretty bad past few days :(

I noticed Remus had suddenly stopped eating Tuesday morning, he hadn't seemed to have eaten anything that night at all, nor drunk. I think I noticed mainly due to paranoia of bunnies not eating-I had just come home after checking on my Perry, the bunny of my brother's friend (Perry is now 100% better by the way-thanks for all the help).

I tried tempting him with all his favourites but the happy active little bunny who had happilly run around his home and run in the morning was becoming more and more lethargic.

I called the vets for an appointment and they said that I should bring him first thing Wednesday, I said I wasn't happy with this and grudgingly they added him as an emergency.

I had decided by this time that it was probably his teeth. The vet confirmed this by examining his molars, he had nasty spurs and very sore cheeks :(
I said I thought that this is usually not so sudden but apparentely it can be.

The vet checked his temperature and that was good, she said he is otherwise in very good health, and they would operate first thing wednesday, keeping him in overnight. I asked whether he should have any pain killers and she said he would be ok (I'm still not sure about this). But then she tried to syringe feed him mushed pellets and it wasn't very successful, I had a go because he was more comfortable with me and he readilly eat it, poor Remy Bun.

So he came home for the night with plenty of mushy pellets and water, and although neither of us had much of a good night's sleep he eventually got to the vets and had his teeth done yesterday.

He came home last night and apart from a unbelievably rude receptionist (trainee apparently) and one particular nurse who used his carrycase as a door opener (!!!) it all went well but it was discovered though that he had the start of an infection at the back of his mouth too. :(

He has pain killers and antibiotics, but the best thing is that he has been showing interest in all his food and has eaten a fair bit of soft food and veg, but unfortuantely still seems a little groggy (dispite being quite happy to run around my room).

So vibes please so that he gets better soon.

I feel so bad, I feel as if he hates me, what with the force feeding and meds and all. But the vet assured me yesterday that he was going into stasis and if I hadn't fed him he may not have been here :(

Still makes me feel cruel, poor Remus.

Last edited:
Awwwwww sending lots of vibes :D

Aww thanks SOAD, he really does seem to be alot happier this afternoon (although I think he has plans to be even more of a house bunny than usual hehe)

I'd be alot happier if I saw him eat a bit more hay though, and some nice healthy looking poos would be lovely!

Thanks so much everybody, Remus and I are both very touched.

He's been a very good little bunny this morning, and didn't even mind taking his meds (much :D)

He's still not eating his pellets but has a good appetite for squishy foods, leafy veg, and grass. He's picking at his hay, but I think his poor little mouth is probably still very sore. Thankfully he is drinking lots.

I'm so glad to see him eating, but have a feeling he's eating every bit of poo coming out of him (not just caecos) as there doesn't seem to be any poo whatsoever, the vet said it may be a few days until his system regulates properly but I can't help worrying, can anybody set my mind at rest?

I called the vets this afternoon and I spoke to the vet we initially saw and she has made an appointment for first thing tomorrow morning, she says it's probably just taken a while for everything to get through him.

However after I got off the phone (he certainly picks his times!) Remus passed a very dark, blackish brown, hard poo. Definately not a caecotroph, however he proceeded to hop away, hop back and eat it...So I think my suspicions are correct and he's eating every type of poo, is this ok?

Obviously I'd like him to get back to normal but is he ok doing this for now at least? Or could it hurt his recovery?

Thanks all.

I could be wrong (I hope someone will correct me if I am) but I think it's OK for him to eat his 'normal' poo. It doesn't have as many nutrients as caecotrophs but he shouldn't come to any harm.

I could be wrong (I hope someone will correct me if I am) but I think it's OK for him to eat his 'normal' poo. It doesn't have as many nutrients as caecotrophs but he shouldn't come to any harm.

Thanks so much FriskyClover, I thought I had read that somewhere but it was so long ago I can't be sure, hopefully somebody can back us up.

I just wanted to say that Remus is pretty much back to his normal happy self now.

We have poo, good normal poo and he's only eating the bits he should, making us both very happy bunnies.

Both Remus and I really want to thank everyone who gave us support and vibage.

Thanks
x

Back