• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

update on berties chin abscess

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
well rob saw him yesterday and said it looks like it is int he skin only now..not rooted into flesh or into jawbone..weve been very very lucky there. berties not happy tho having it pressed squeezed and flushed..then bathing at home and medication..eww he said..
berties usualy so placid etc but hes gone for rob several times now which rob siad is fine hes in pain..and everyone knows hes a gentle giant usually..hes scary at home for us now too..growling lunging etc..but once hes done for the day bathing and meds he gets a treat and a cuddle and he forgives us again...doesnt it make you feel guilty:(
hes got more antibitocs..ive got one dose of pain meds left..he was great before yesterday and i didnt give him anymore but after the vets trip he needed it..bless him.
and brrr is it cold or what..even housebuns get cold.
cant wait for their new bed to come..its a doggy duvet bed and its waterproof yessss and ive also ordered a roll of thermal blanket to cut up and put over it..i dont like him with his chin on the floor no matter how much i wash it.
hes also deveoped qite a big wart on his lower lip..inner.rob said it seems its sprung up due his immune system possibly as hes poped up a few bless him..either that or hes always a secretly warty bun:shock: :lol:

by the way...:wave: to spiiner sue..sorry i couldnt stop..taxi my mum with me and me a sleepless wreck..
lovely meeting you tho..watch out for me..i live in there i swear:lol:

:oops: Rob said most folks dont go the extreme i do with my buns..i was:oops: :oops:
but i said hey if i cathc things early its better right? i think he meant i live for my furbabies..:oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
berties a clebrity in his own right in there..hes got his own fan club:lol:

Rob said he doesnt think theres anymore pus in there now at all and he reckons its mainly scar tissue even tho its a pronounced tiny marlble. He said tho hed rather overtreat him in case than undertreat and it rear up again.

wednesday at animed folks if you want a natter:lol:

:wave: Hiya Deb....

Awwww poor old Bertie, he must've been in pain if hes' been having a go at people!:shock: Hope he's all well again and back to his usually cheerful self soon!:D

xx

Hi Deb, it was really great to meet you and Bertie yesterday and such a coincidence. I am so pleased that I asked if it was you. Bertie is gorgeous, all big and fluffy and cuddly:D I was actually giving my neighbour moral support yesterday with her cat who has been very poorly, Rob thinks she may have had a stroke as she has been staggering a lot and bumping into things. He also found a bacterial infection in her mouth, poor Chloe:cry: Today though she is so much better. My next visit will be in about 5wks to get Tia-Tigerlily spayed. Hopefully Petra will be able to do the op like she has done for all my bunnies.:)

Back