• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Timothy Hay on The Hay Experts

Spooky! I just this second put some in my basket! I haven't completed my order yet so I will maybe wait for some reviews

oooh that looks interesting!!! shall have to give that a go! I have never been dissapointed with anything from the hay experts and i know they only stock the best, so should be good!

Oh... they've only just listed it. I've only just got an order at the beginning of the month, I tend to stock up when I order from them so I won't be again for a while. You'll all have to let us know if it is good or popular.

I love the hay bag though (https://www.thehayexperts.com/product_info.php?products_id=269), I suggested to my mum that I made a drawstring calico bag for the rabbit's hay a couple of months back and she just laughed... well obviously it wan't a bad idea afterall!

I did buy a bag of the Oxbow Botanical Hay (https://www.thehayexperts.com/product_info.php?cPath=4_34&products_id=239) last time and it has proved quite popular!

Hannah

If it's as nice as it looks in the picture, I'm sure Evo would find it yummy! I've started getting my Oxbow in boxes, the 4kg box isn't too big to store and lasts ages with just Evo eating it.

The Hay Experts sell several types of hay in bigger boxes. I bought a 4kg box of brome hay which lasted quite a while. I usually mix it with the meadow hay and some other "fancy" hays. Sometimes you can get timothy hay on ebay, but I am not sure how good the quality of it is.

Mine love 2nd cut timothy hay.. i got it through ebay but its actually the one Bunnybasics sell.. its so lovely and green and smells gorgeous!:D

Right, I am ordering the 400g packs of both Oxbow and Alfalfa King timothy hays, and then I will let you know which I, and most importantly, Bobbin prefer ;) :D

Also going to get him started on SS to see if he's poops go down :? I shall let you know the outcome of that little experiment too as know you're all just so interested in bunny poop! :p

Update!

i got this from hay experts yesterday for preston who is so fussy about what he will eat and i am pleased to say that he is wolfing it down! :D

glad i went for the big bag too (which is smaller than you'd expect cos it's so compacted)

it looks great, smells great and there is loads in the bag cos it's so compressed. i laughed to myself cos i thought it kind of looked like lasgne sheets cos its so uniformly cut and packed, but then that might just be me being mad thinking of food for myself as usual :p

i am so pleased ive found something else he will eat, sadly he does not think much of the oxbow stuff.

preston definitely gives this the paws up! :D

Last edited:
All my bunnies loe it too, it was gone in 2 days betweeen 8 buns and 7 piggies, and that was mixing it in with the meadow hay:shock:

I'll get some with my next order. My bunnies get through so much hay right now. Must be getting winter soon.

Mine are getting through hay at an astounding rate at the minute aswell. Luckily I had chance to pop to a nearby-ish farm the other day and got a bale for £2.50!!

Mine are getting through hay at an astounding rate at the minute aswell. Luckily I had chance to pop to a nearby-ish farm the other day and got a bale for £2.50!!

We actually have a farm just around the corner, but I don't think they sell hay. Our guests are always surprised to see cows and green fields. They usually expect a more city-like landscape.
Janice gets her hay from a pet shop that stocks bales, maybe I should try that. Wish I had a barn to store it. :lol:

We actually have a farm just around the corner, but I don't think they sell hay. Our guests are always surprised to see cows and green fields. They usually expect a more city-like landscape.
Janice gets her hay from a pet shop that stocks bales, maybe I should try that. Wish I had a barn to store it. :lol:

:lol: Mines in a far too small box in the kitchen, it looks like a barn in there at the minute:roll:

Back