• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i feel awful

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

teegs is at the vets tonight for his vhd jab. before they go i always like to give the buns a spruce up so they look their best :oops: i had trimmed ducheys claws and given her a brush (not much use as she is moulting really bad at the moment and no sooner had i brushed away some loose hair when some more took its place :roll: ) so then i moved onto teegs was clipping his claws carefully as i hate doing them when he slid forward on the floor it was only a mm or so but it was enough for me to cut straight through the quick :cry: :cry: :cry: he didnt make any noise just flinched a bit and continued to sit there with all this blood coming out of his foot :cry: :cry: it seriuosly looked like i was trying to kill him there was loads :cry: (i was told quicks bled a lot but it really suprised me!) i ran downstairs and grabbed some flour and shoved his whole foot in it :oops: i think it has pretty muich stopped but i feel so awful when i was sat in the rabbit room cleaning up all i could smell was blood! :cry: now off up town to buy them something as a sorry :( and will get the vets to cut teegs claws i feel so bad :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Don't feel bad - I'm sure you can make it up to him with loads of yummy treats! :D cutting the quick is easily done and I'm sure everyone will do it at some point!

I've done it to Audrey before :( Don't worry though, its easily done and you did the right thing after with flour etc.

Yeah it is easily done, and you showed great presence of mind dealing with it, so don't lose confidence :p

iv just gone out and bought him some willow toys and a big tub of natural (aka no sugar etc added) dried tropical fruit mix :oops: whic is like dried banana, papaya, pineapple, raisins etc :oops:

Back