• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch Snuggle (thermal cover)

k.mdaniels

Alpha Buck
Does anyone know where I cant these from the internet.
I know you can get them at pets at home but sometimes they dont have any.

Has anyone started putting the winter covers over the hutch yet?

Hutch covers

Hi

I have been looking for a cover myself and found a place on ebay. Not sure how to do links so i will try to explain how I got there. Went into home and garden on ebay and typed in hutch covers. If you scroll about 3/4 down the page there is a dark green cover and it says covers to order to size. They look really well made and I have emailed them for a size for mine.

Hope this is of help.

Jo

That link is the one I meant for hutch huggers

Thats the link I meant I'm just not that clever at getting links etc. I think these look much better than the Newton ones as they also have the insulation and the two front covers (clear one for during the day and another one to fold over).

Any more views on these hutch huggers?

I have emailed for a price for my hutch but would like any views before I order. For the size I need P@H are charging £54 just for the outside cover without the insulation, which is sold separate for another £30 odd pounds and I am sure this one will work out cheaper and looks and sounds really good. I am not just going for the cheapness but they look good quality.

Are there any really experienced bunny people out there who can give their views?

Thankx

Hi, I have one made by these guys and it is terrific. I can't recommend them highly enough. The service was amazingly fast and the cover is great. My sister-in-law is about to order one too. Much better price than S&N too!
Vic

Mind made up

Thanx for quick response Vic - its nice to know someone else has one from them and is happy with it. Once I get an email back with a price tomorrow I will order one asap as its getter colder and Flopsy only has a cover on the front of his hutch for now.

How long did it take from ordering to getting it? Did you just order the size advertised for £29 or did you order a different size. I have a hand made hutch from a carpenter and its an up and down and is about the same size as the Thistle hutch from P@H.

Once again thank you.:D :D

Hi, I asked them to send me a sample of the fabrics they use and it arrived a day orso later (a postcard size peice of green with silver thermal backing, with good strong edging tape all round). When I ordered they asked me for the exact measurements of my hutch, including the height at the back AND the front (the roof slopes). It arrived about 3 days after I paid through paypal. Unbelievably fast. The only reason their feedback is small on ebay is that the "sale" doesn't actually happen on ebay so there is no opportunity to leave feedback.
Vic
PS Iam not an experienced bunny person at all, my buns are only 5 months old!

Wow thats quick

That sounds like a good company - quick response and good quality. I am a new bunny mummy - had a lop about 7 years ago but was so devastated when he died aged only one I couldn't bring myself to get another and gave away everything I had. I think, thanks to the advice on this forum, I am a lot more clued up on if anything goes wrong this time.

You are probably the same (new bunny mum - my Flopsy is 5 months) and have spoiled him rotten. My husband says I am obsessed:shock: - he is definately right. I bought him a hand made double hutch, rabbit proofed all the garden, which took us ages, then when I spotted a cat in decided to spend even more money and bought him a big run which we are in the process of adapting so he can get there down his enclosed ramp!! Yes I am mad and now will be spending even more money on a hutch hugger. He is then booked in to get neutered (more money) so he can have a girlfriend so he isn't lonely.

Thanks for all your help on cover.

From mad obsessive Flopsy mum!!!:lol: :lol:

Thanx for quick response Vic - its nice to know someone else has one from them and is happy with it. Once I get an email back with a price tomorrow I will order one asap as its getter colder and Flopsy only has a cover on the front of his hutch for now.

How long did it take from ordering to getting it? Did you just order the size advertised for £29 or did you order a different size. I have a hand made hutch from a carpenter and its an up and down and is about the same size as the Thistle hutch from P@H.

Once again thank you.:D :D

I emailed those people on ebay a week or 2 ago for a quote for the thistle hall hutch as I was considering buying that hutch (bought different hutch now) they quoted me £68 for a weatherproof thermal cover with intercangable fronts.

I have since found all the various things needed on ebay and I am about to make my own covers very similar to the scratch and newton ones.

It was the Scratch and Newton type I was looking for but I think I'll ask for a quote from this ebay place.

Thanks

you can buy direct from the Scratch and Newton website, though have found that the pets@home prices are slightly cheaper but only by about £3-5

Brave of you

I am not very good at DIY and would dread to think of what a cover would be like if I made it.

I think you are very brave to make one yourself. I think I will take the easy way out and just order one (from bank account hubby doesn't look at)!!:lol:

If anyone is interested we believe the thermal scratch and Newton covers seem to be made from a product called Alububble (sold on ebay for about £14 +PP for 5metres) The product is used for household insulation and keeps warmth in in cold weather and reflcts heat in hot weather just like the scratch&Newton ones. can be stuck together with waterproof tape (similar to duct tape)

I have just bought some Alububble and some waterproof nylon and will be making my own thermal weatherproof covers, they will have fly screens, clear plastic rain front and also a nighttime cover. Ill post piccies when im done, the materials have cost me about £65 to cover 2 5ft single hutches

Last edited:
I got a quote from that place on ebay, it works out £3 dearer than the Scratch and Newton type. I need two cover for the Thistle Hall hutch which is quite big.

I'm suprised it was so expensive. I have Thistle Hall fromP@H and scratch & newton covers would have been over £100 for the thermal and rain covers. The ebay one was £70inc for an all-in-one thermal raincover with three interchangeablr fronts (rain/fly/night).

I'm making my own cover this weekend - about £40 max for materials (5x2x4 hutch) using some vinyl fabric like you use for campervans with clear PVC for the front and elastic to hold it on. There should only be 4 seams to sew on my sewing machine so I'm hoping it will be very easy!

Thanx Vic

I have ordered a thermal cover with pvc day screen and roll down night screen from the guy on ebay and was quoted £58 plus p&p and my hutch is only slightly smaller than the thistle hutch. It would have cost me £54 just for the rain cover without insulation from P&H so this is well worth while - even get a choice of colours.

I must admire all you people out there who can make their own but its not for me - god help poor bun if he relied on my DIY!!!!

Hubby now well sick of me and Flopsy is only 5 months old. Everytime I mention him or hutch or run all I get is "obsessed"!!!! Yes I am but I want whats best for my bun.

Weather is really **** up here on north east coast - north sea winds and rain every day and night with not a lot of rest from it.

Thankx Vic for your help and advice on this product - it makes all the difference when you know someone has also bought one and is happy!:D :D

Back