• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your rabbits prefer certain bowls

Debs2811

Alpha Buck
Leading on from my other thread I was just wondering if anyone has Rabbits who are picky about the bowls they use? Or do I just have a strange rabbit:lol:

Reason for asking is that I put my last rabbit outside last night (they are moving from being indoor buns) anyway as she has less room in the hutch than she had indoors i changed her foodbowl, indoors she used a double plastic foodbowl which she used to share with her partner before she losthim last year, well last night I gave her a smaller china pet bowl and it seems she wouldnt eat out of it as none of her pellets were touched overnight. This morning hubby changed her bowl back to her usual plastic one and now half the pellets are gone.

So is my bunny unusual ???

Peanut will only eat from his plastic wilkos dog bowl, when i heard they throw them around, i got all my buns ceramic ones, they all switched over easily apart from peanut, he dug all his food out the bowl every night. i switched it back...and he stopped making mess.

when he was neutured, i gave the vets a small bi of his food, and his bowl, and explained what he was like, so they gave hm his bowl after the neuter. My boyf went to collect them that evening and forgot the bowl!!

Peanut luckily was eating los of hay and veg, but wouldnt eat anything out of the ceramic one. So the next day i went to wilkos and bought another 43p bowl lol, and he munched his foot immediatly lol!!!

Sasuke eats plastic bowls:p
I have to use ceramic bowls as the other ones are just thrown around.
I also have a small metal bowl which Zakura once used, then one day I woke up and saw this:
DSCN0955.jpg

All the pellets are on top of the house, the bowl is inside the house:roll: I have no idea how she did it:lol:
One thing they do seem to like is throwing stuff around, such as the snackball:D
That ball is their favourite toy:D

ha... ha... what silly things rabbits can be!!!

I wouldn't know which mine as they always have the brown ones with "RABBIT" on them!

Thought about changing it to a plastic one though as Barley has been know (on more than one... two... three... etc... occasions) to throw his bowl down the ladder into his hutch and of course it goes *SMASH*!!!

Mine have plastic cat dishes from wilkos - they like to chuck them around when there's no food left - gets expensive with china :p I've got about a million of them as they're so cheap - when I got bitten by Tia for not dropping the china dish of food quickly enough, I got into plastic as it's quick for whipping in and out of the hutches and they stack on top of the empty one till it can be safely removed :)

mine only have a bowl for their water (huge erthenware stuff dog one) pellets they just normally have scattered. alhotugh they do occasionaly get treat from a bowl

but no they are not fussy at all! they will eat out of anything :lol:

Kokanee doesn't care which dish her food is in (I have ceramic one and a gravity feeder)...She digs all her food out so she can sort through it and eat all the cookies and treats that are mixed in with the rabbit pellets....:roll:

The only one of my buns who is picky about his bowl is Timmy. He has a clear glass rectangular shaped one.....and NOTHING else will be accepted!:lol: The others will all eat out of anything!

Back