• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonded pair of french lops needing home

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of DottyJo

I am requesting help with rehoming my bonded pair of french lops. They are both three years old and are both neutered. Samson is a blue butterfly buck and Dottie is a isabella doe. They are both in good health. Dottie is quite strong minded and can be territorial although she is very friendly. Samson is as docile as can be and is quite happy to be fussed although he isn't keen on being picked up.
My decision to rehome them is based on the fact that my son Sebastian was born with Down Syndrome and duodenal atresia. However he has now been diagnosed with West Syndrome (severe epilepsy) he is also hearing impaired. Due to this the amount of time I spend in hospital is quite ridiculous which means the rabbits are not getting the care they require. I do not wish to part with these rabbits but feel for their own benefit they need to be cared for better than I am able at the moment.
They do need an experienced home, reasonably quiet with space to bop about as they are large breed. I would really like them to go to a home where I could be updated on their new lives (don't know whether that is possible)? I really want them to go to a loving forever home.

Many thanks

Jodie

hi, i am quite a long distance away in kent, so if you dont have any better or nearer offers I would love to give your frenchies a home. Maybe if I came to collect them maybe you could drive a short way and meet me?

I have just lost my frenchie buck bailey to myxi:( he was not very keen on being picked up but loved cuddles and hugs as long as his feet were firmly on the ground.

I have a 6ft double decker hutch with enclosed run and during the day they would be let out into the garden which is enclosed. Me and my other half work shifts so there is normally someone here in the day to keep an eye out. When it gets really cold i would have them as house bunnies in the winter as I did with bailey. (you might be able to see from the small pic he is lying in his dog bed) They would stay in my utilty room and have access to the garage and kitchen, I used to leave the door open in the day as it leads to the garden and they could hop in and out when they want.

I am more than happy to e mail pics of garden, hutch and house etc and to talk on phone if you want. I know I am a long way but they would be very loved but if someone is nearer then I know you must do whats best for the buns.

Dottie and Samson

Hi there

Thanks for your posts. I live in Lincolnshire so I am quite a distance away. The main thing really is to get a good home which will suit them. Dottie will absolutely love you if you let her indoors as any chance she gets she sneaks and finds a place to get nice and comfy!!! I often find her sprawled out in the front room.
I would have to discuss travel with my husband as I don't drive however my sister lives just outside Birmingham and I would of thought I could arrange something with her or use the journey as a visit. Don't know whether that would be close enough.
Pictures would be geat and I will try and put some pictures of Dottie and Samson on just need to figure it out first!
If you want to PM me for anymore info thats fine.

Many thanks for your posts again. I love my bunnies and just want the best for them.

Jodie

got no idea how to post photos on this site! have had a look at the user section and still none the wiser! not very good with attachments but if you e-mail at nikkismyth03@hotmail.com I will try and send you some photos from my home e mail. I can also give you my tel if you wish to chat. It is a long way but they would be with a very loving home and after bailey my partner is totally in love with buns so he would drive.

Back