• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has Science Selecive changed?

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
Just wondering, as many of you may remember there being a dodgy batch of Science Selective a while back, whether it has happened again, or whether they have just changed the size of the pellet?

I have a sack of the original stuff, from before all the problems, that I am just coming to the end of, and have just bought a new bag with a BB date of October 08. When I opened the new bag, the pellets are bigger and lighter than the "old" stuff.

Just wondering if anyone knows what's what?

I've noticed that the pellets are bigger too - have started feeding my buns even less as a result.

We have sent them an email because we started a new bag (December 08) and the buns have turned their noses up, so we thought it might be dodgy and bought another bag (Jan 09) again they are not struck.

As yet Science Selective have not come back to us.

It would be interesting to know if anyone else has encountered problems recently.:roll:

I'm not sure but I think they've developed a new pellet - I had a bag left with me cos it apparently was different, had additional things in it and gave this ladys buns runny tums - haven't seen it yet but when I get home will check it out.

The stuff I have now seems to be more like it was during the dodgy stage, although this is the same colour as the original batch. :?

Ours are now all eating the Fenugreek and Aniseed SS, suppliers have ditched the original :?

Its not the same stuff....its a whole new recipe. All my bunnies like it though.

it IS the same as its been for over 18 months. only the bags have changed

If you are unsure phone supreme and ask for nick thomas (quality control)

So why does it suddenly have new additives that were not previously present and has changed to a lighter colour (have not been using it for 18 months yet either :? )?

Ah....that explains it. I guess that could also ecplain the difference in taste (or texture) that is putting some bunnies off.

My dog has also taken a shine to the 'new' SS....I have had to lock it away in the cupboard now :rolleyes:

Ah....that explains it. I guess that could also ecplain the difference in taste (or texture) that is putting some bunnies off.

My dog has also taken a shine to the 'new' SS....I have had to lock it away in the cupboard now :rolleyes:

Your doggie has good taste ;) :lol:

No, she is just species confused!! Who knows maybe it will do something for her awful breath! :lol:

Hiya Laura,

I'm having the same problem with Harvey and the dental bunnies. Yet again they have changed the size of the pellets and they are unable to eat them...they are huge this time...way too big for the poor dental bunnies to eat....they look like flamin' wotsit crisps and not as crumbly as before either.

Is anybody elses bun turrning their noses up at these pellets?

Perhaps we could send a communal email from RU again, as last time we did get a response.

I have suggested to Supreme before about producing a smaller pellet for dental and dwarf/young bunnies as Burgess Excel do a dwarf variety, but I didn't get a response back. That would solve so many problems.

Anybody who wants to contact Nick Thomas who is the Quality Control Manager for Science Selective his email address is thomas.n@suppet.co.uk The more people that voice their concerns the greater the chance of them doing something about it.

Love,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Its not the same stuff....its a whole new recipe. All my bunnies like it though.

Would you mind listing the ingredients on your new pack?? Mine are still in the old style packs, but the pellets look different.

Hiya Laura,

I'm having the same problem with Harvey and the dental bunnies. Yet again they have changed the size of the pellets and they are unable to eat them...they are huge this time...way too big for the poor dental bunnies to eat....they look like flamin' wotsit crisps and not as crumbly as before either.

Is anybody elses bun turrning their noses up at these pellets?

Perhaps we could send a communal email from RU again, as last time we did get a response.

I have suggested to Supreme before about producing a smaller pellet for dental and dwarf/young bunnies as Burgess Excel do a dwarf variety, but I didn't get a response back. That would solve so many problems.

Anybody who wants to contact Nick Thomas who is the Quality Control Manager for Science Selective his email address is thomas.n@suppet.co.uk The more people that voice their concerns the greater the chance of them doing something about it.

Love,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Hi Nicola, touch wood, Evo is eating this lot so far, although I've only started mixing them in with his old pellets since yesterday. I will email when I have 5 mins though, as I'd like to find out what's going on.

Would you mind listing the ingredients on your new pack?? Mine are still in the old style packs, but the pellets look different.

Will check when I get home. Mine are advertised on the pack as SS WITH Fenugreek and Aniseed though. I thought it was possible to still buy the original.

Back