• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting another bun

rineyroo

Mama Doe
I've decided now is the time to get Snowy another friend. Nothing could replace my Horris, he was a truly exceptional bunny, but I can't leave Snowy alone for the rest of her days, as she's only 3 and will hopefully have many happy years left. Also there are so many buns in rescues and I have the space and time, it seems silly not to. My question is how should I go about selecting another friend. Do I take Snowy along to the rescue and let her choose? Or do I choose one I think will get along with her? then try to bond them? I think Snowy will be hard to bond with another bun :( . We both still miss our lovely Horris.

If I was in your situation and had a car, I'd ask a good rescue to help with finding a likely partner, introduce my rabbit at the rescue to several and see if she clicks with any of them, then drive them home together - hopefully bonded and put them in a neutral area for a couple of days just to be sure, whilst rearranging their living space, painting it, cleaning it etc - especially important as females are more territorial.

I'm going to a rescue near Taunton in Somerset. The lady has several potential boyfriends for Snowy. If those don't work out, there's West Hatch RSPCA or Little Valley in Exeter. I'll let my mistress decide on her husband. Horris was very docile and loving apart from the occasional fight they had, so I'm guessing she probably like one she can dominant and harass :lol:

Back