• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sugar gliders

Rice

Mama Doe
So hubby wants to get a sugar glider (he thinks that since I got a rabbit, he needs a pet for himself...). Does anyone know how it might get along with a rabbit?? They are quite a bit smaller than a rabbit, so I don't know if Piper would scare it?? Anybody know anything about these little critters? Thanks in advance!! :D

if you can look after a high maintenance bun, the gliders would be a doddle...lol

i wanted them a few years ago but the bloke didnt like the look of them, i was gutted and we got chipmunks, much happier i went with him on that.... it always comes down to space and time in the end.... we probably shouldnt keep any animals in captivity :(

:wave: I worked in the animal care unit of a college with 3 sugar gliders. They are gorgeous but don't make good pets.They are nocturnal so you never see them and they also need company ie more than 1. They also need a HUGE enclosure and have a specific diet and don't like being cuddled.

Back