• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone in the NW or near by help?

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Some of you may have read my thread regarding my poor rabbit Kitt who has had to have an operation on his side because, according to the vet, he's possibly been attacked by my other rabbit, Jamie.

This message is a bit of a plea to anyone who may have a spare hutch with a run, or just one or the other which is able to be used so that I can keep both rabbits. I can't bare to think that I may have to lose one of my bunnies :cry: Kitt is in my bedroom now, and he will be until his fur starts to grow back, but eventually I will need a new hutch/run for him so that I will possibly be able to get him a female partner when the time is right.

I physically can't afford to buy another hutch/run hence my plea on here. Please don't critisise saying I shouldn't have rabbits if I can't afford them - both my rabbits are up to date with their vaccinations, have been neutered, are insured, but I am a student and I've just spent £140 for the Happy Hutch and I can't spare any more :cry:

Please can someone help??

x

Hello :wave:

Glad to hear Kitt has pulled through!

Might be worth trying Freecycle?
Put a wanted email out, theres quite often rabbit hutches and runs coming up on my local one.

Thank you, I'm glad too.. just really worried Jamie is going to fret =[

I've tried on freecycle but I have to list something first... I don't have anything to give away =[

I'm glad Kitt is doing well. Have you tried ebay? I have also emailed someone I know lost a bunny earlier this year but not sure if they still have the hutch (it is a friend of a friend so not sure if/when I will get a reply).

Have you tried pre-loved and free-ads. I was just having a look through pre-loved. (I like to torture myself with all the needy buns!) But i came across a free run on there. I'll see if I can find it again.

I have just bought a new Happy Hutch for my new rabbit. As long as the new hutch is OK when I build it you would be welcome to have his old hutch, although it is a little small! I took him from a relative because her daughter was bored of him. The hutch is only 12 months old but only measures 3ft x 18in x 18in. It is from P@H - Heather Hideaway I think.

It was filthy when I got it. I have scrubbed it but it does still have quite a strong aroma! I guess that could be got rid of with some elbow grease!

I also have a run from P@H which should attach to the hutch but we can't seem to get it to work. Not sure whether I am going to keep it yet - if you are really desperate perhaps you could borrow it until you can sort something else out? Again it is not very big - only 3ft by 4ft but quite tall. I think it is called Fennel Fold.

Have a look on the P@H website to see what you think. I am on the Wirral if you are interested!

Quite big and really too large for that hutch. P@H should never have sold it to them for the size of the rabbit. I have just got a 6 ft cage and run to give him loads more space. Still - it is a hutch and will keep the wind and rain off:)

Back