• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stuck.... in mud!!

kayjay

Warren Veteran
I ended up head first stuck in Pippa and MJ's run just now, trapped and couldn't get out :oops:

I'd decided to take their food bowl out of the run and put it in their hutch to try and 'encourage' them to use their ramp and hutch more. All the rain yesterday's created a mud slide in front of the run, and as I leaned forwards to get the bowl my legs slid back and I fell forwards. For about 5 mins I flailed around, slipping in the mud, with nothing to grab onto until eventually I managed to get a footing on the edge of the run and pull myself out

Soooo not a good look, hope none of the neighbours were watching :oops:

If my OH doesn't help to slab my rabbit area I'm divorcing him :evil:

I must confess - I had a giggle :lol: :oops:

I know how to make your O/H do the work too :p Tell him you've arranged for a man to come and do it next week, and it's ONLY going to cost £200 plus materials ;) He will be out of that door in a shot :lol:

I had a wee giggle too:oops: Hope you are ok and not bruised. I lay 21 slabs the other week and boy was it hard work. Hope you get it done soon :D

That's a great idea elve, you must have met my OH!!

Poor rabbits just sat looking at my upside down head in stunned silence!! I like the HH hutch/run but find the run really hard to clean out or access the rabbits or food etc

That's a great idea elve, you must have met my OH!!

Poor rabbits just sat looking at my upside down head in stunned silence!! I like the HH hutch/run but find the run really hard to clean out or access the rabbits or food etc

All men are the same - my ex even does stuff for me if I say I'm paying another man to do it ;) tee hee :D

with my hh hutch the roof opens - does yours? I've put Benny's hutch onto the run back to front, as it's not against a wall or anything, so I can go round the back of the run and open the hutch doors.

P1010054.jpg

My HH is bigger than yours, it's the 6ft one and the problem is getting them to go up from the run to the hutch, they'll come down no problems. If I try and catch them they run and hide under the hutch area and as it's 4ft deep the only way I can get them is to climb right in which isn't doing my poor back any good. Since getting it I've felt that I've lost the connection with them as I rarely hold or stroke them other than to rub noses if they come my way!!

My hutch is on the back way too, but I'm going to turn it as all the water runs off towards the run hence creating this quicksand in front of it.
I intend to slab an area of 12 x 10, then put both hutch/runs on it next to each other, turn the hutch around so it's facing the run (as they rarely use the hutch it doesn't need cleaning out often).

Sounds great - how much has that landscape gardener quoted you then? ;) ;)

Mine never use the top of the hutch either - I think I clean it about once every 3 months just to dust it :shock:

Back