• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Back from Holiday and everything turned out ok :-)

Rabbers

Mama Doe
Well I was already to pack the rabbits up for their holiday home and just as I was about to go out there, they were in a massive blurred ball of fluff FIGHTING! They are 5 and have lived together for 4 years roughly (i've had them for a year) and they were really attacking eachother. Fur was flying.

SO I separated them and they seemed fine, maybe a bit jumpy. So I was heading away to get all the bits together. And they started again! More fur flew!! So i rushed back and separated them again and this time they were straining to get at eachother and Ozzie had a ripped ear (he's a lop :-(). It was bleeding and was split in two places. Poor little thing let me pick him up and i rushed him in to see what state he was in.

Got him straight to vets, where he had a painkiller inj and antibiotics etc. Both were fine otherwise. Luckily the lady who looks after them was great with having to give antibiotics and check the ear. She bathed it etc through the week. It's healed up lovely now, but obviously is still split in two places. She was very good about introducing them to their holiday hutch and keeping an eye on them. She even had CCTV on them! And guess what - they snuggled up and there has been no problem since.

Why would they suddenly do this? Was it just an argument? They are still fine now.
They are both neutered/spayed. Rolo is the female (i think dominant too!) and Ozzie is the boy. Norty rabbits! They really frightened me that they would never get on again!

Bunnies :rolleyes: They are just unpredictable I guess - maybe they picked up your holiday stress vibes or something - good job they went away as it gave them a neutral area to make friends in again :p

Of course if I had a story like this to tell I would be assured it's because my girls aren't spayed :roll: I don't think there are any hard and fast rules with bunnies actually - it would be so much easier if there were :?

Bunnies :rolleyes: They are just unpredictable I guess - maybe they picked up your holiday stress vibes or something - good job they went away as it gave them a neutral area to make friends in again :p

Of course if I had a story like this to tell I would be assured it's because my girls aren't spayed :roll: I don't think there are any hard and fast rules with bunnies actually - it would be so much easier if there were :?

exactly - I've decided Rolo doesn't like me to go away. At easter I went away for a week and the day before when i was supposed to drop them off at the holiday home, she decided to get a UTI and not be able to stand up or walk. SO she was at the vets about 20mins before she was due to go on holiday. Again the lady had to give antibiotics.

And this time she bit Ozzie's ear and now he looks like a boxer or something!

She doesn't do anything for weekends away, just weeks :roll: :rolleyes:

Back