• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thomas is being left out (maybe being bullied)

karen354

Warren Veteran
Furby and Fudge have been a bonded happy couple for a while now about 6 weeks ago Thomas joined them. The bonding took a while Furby( female) kept fighting him but Fudge( male) loved him straight away..

I've noticed Thomas seems to be on his own quite a lot :( Fudge grooms him but Furby doesn't infact the only time she goes by him is to chase him away.
She isn't to bad in their shed/enclosure but is a right madam with him when I let them have garden playtime..

Last week they had a fight, Furby and Thomas ended up with a few scratches on them. Do I leave them and see how they go ? Furby does put up with him but shes not bonded with him yet.

I would give it time. If there is no fighting, then, they may gradually become a closer group. If you think three's a crowd maybe four would even things out. :D :shock: :shock:

I would give it time. If there is no fighting, then, they may gradually become a closer group. If you think three's a crowd maybe four would even things out. :D :shock: :shock:

I've thought about adding a female but I doubt Furby would take to that all all.. I'll see how things go and i may have to take him out and put him with a female.. I don't want to do this though because 5 bunnies and 2 piggies is quite enough, I will do though if he's being left out all the time..

I've had similar with my 3 girlies, but luckily since the last one was neutered all has settled down again.
I know how you feel though 'cos I just wanted to pull the smallest one out of the group (her sisiter had given her a nasty bite on her side that needed stitches) as I didn't want to risk another injury, and I couldn't bear to see her excluded from the group.
Personally I think adding another one at the stage yours are at could potentially break the camels back.
I'd be inclined to keep a very close eye on them together, check their accommodation regularly for fur (e.g. signs of fighting or fur pulling), check them over for bites and monitor as they are.
I hope they all settle down for you as I know from mine how happy a little trio can be :D

Hi Karen, I've just caught up with this thread. I hope things are settling down again. Furby seems to be a little madam! I did get her spayed..honest!!!!:lol:

Personally I would suggest pulling back on the garden playtime - when I first put my 4 together, they were fine in a small space but as soon as I let them out, they started fighting again. I think you need to ensure that the bond is sorted and strong in a smaller space before opening it up - otherwise they will just be trying to establish dominance again in the 'new' area of territory, especially if they aren't even fully bonded in their normal enclosure.

I kept my lot in their enclosure for about a fortnight (I even chopped it in half for a few days too), and then gradually increased the amount of garden I let them into using bunny run panels and increasing the amount of panels slowly so they didn't feel the need to fight over a new big area each time.

Back