• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Running Leicester Half Marathon for Honeybunny's

Kirsty + Rich

Young Bun
I'm running the Leicester Half Marathon and have decided to try and raise some money for Honeybunny's. We foster for Jill and also got Sooty from her, so wanted to do something to help. Hoping that knowing i'm doing this for a good cause will help during the last couple of miles! If you wish to sponsor me, please contact myself or Jill (honeybunny). Please give generouly, as Jill does so much to help and rehome buns.

Rich

Well done for even saying you'll attempt it..... I feel sick if I walk further than the car park.:lol: Good luck.:thumb:

If anyone going to the Notts meet would like to give some sponsor money for Rich in advance..I can collect it!..bit cheeky i know but hey..what's new!:lol:

What a great idea!

Good luck for the run!
I'm doing a 10k on Sunday and training for that has been hard work.

When are you doing it?
Have you thought about setting up an online sponsorship page?

Jill, remind me about sponsorship on Sat.

It's on October 14th - not long now! :shock: Online sponsorship sounds a great idea, just haven't a clue how to go about setting it up! Any ideas?

Well done for doing this, don't think I could run a mile let alond 13... or however many it is!!!

Some colleagues at work did sponsorship on line at justgiving.com, but I think to do that the charity or "non-for profit organisation" has to be registered on there first, and I'm not sure how easy that would be to do?

Hannah

Think i'm going to do this the old fashioned way! Up to £35 so far- not tried my parents or mates yet! If anyone does want to sponsor me on here, please PM Jill (Honeybunny) to arrange getting money to her. Did my last long training run on Wednesday (12 miles), so i should be ok on the day!

Cheers
Rich

Well, i did it! Took me 1 hour 42 minutes, which i was pleased with. There's some photos of me looking knackered at the end- will have to ask Kirsty how to upload them later!:lol: Have nearly finished collecting sponsor money- been pledged £133.50, which is way better than i dared hope for. Looking forward to presented Jill with a cheque.

Rich

Rich that is brilliant..well done!:D Can't wait for the piccies...admiration all round as I can't even run for a bus..

A HUGE thank you from all the bunnies here:D :D

Here's some pics of Rich as he promised....

Looking confident before.....:D

DSCF0845.jpg

Having just crossed the finish line.....

DSCF0850.jpg

And looking absolutly :censored: :lol: :lol:

DSCF0851.jpg

Kirsty

Back