• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aaaaargggh been holding this in all day

holidayhutch

Warren Veteran
Sorry but when will people learn. Had a lady call us tonight wanting to board her 2 rabbits she got from P@H. On asking if they were vaccinated she said to me "What on earth for? and anyway we were told as they will only be in our garden and not in contact with any other animals, the pet shop people told us there was no need and it's just a vets way of making money and people like you being able to charge more by making out you are good in asking for it" :evil:

She was so rude when I told her why her rabbits should be vaccinated and that we would not board them without full vaccinations and neither would any reputable boarding business. She then replied with "I'm not bothered about reputable, I just want the little :censored: out of the way so I can go on holiday and if you cant help I will just have to leave them here with a bag of food in the corner and they can help themselves"

Now I am worried sick that she will do just that and those poor buns are going to suffer even more unnecessarily at the hands of this careless owner. :cry:

This ignorant woman sounds like a REAL nasty piece of work to me.:evil: :evil: From the way she sounds, I fully expect that just leaving the buns on their own is EXACTLY what she will do.:evil: I just do NOT understand people at ALL.....she shouldn't even HAVE those poor bunnies with an outlook like THAT. It sounds to me as though she decided to try a little emotional blackmail on you too to see if you would 'make an exception' to your rule about vaccinations.:?

Those bunnies would be SO much better off if she just left them with a rescue permanently......she obviously doesn't care very much about them.:evil: :cry: :cry:

oh no that is awful! What a stupid f:censored: b:censored: !!!! Hopefully she will calm down and look into things and realise she is wrong - and if she calls a few other places and gets the same answer she will see it is not just you being difficult or whatever she thinks.:shock:

her bunnies....they are going to get so ill without vacinations!
and if she leaves them a whole week..........:shock:
p@h if u ask me needs to STOP SELLING ANIMALS ive heard them giving wrong information so much that it hurts my ears!
There is only one pet shop in the world I trust...and thats my little local! Their buns and gins are kept seperate, they give information packs on vacination and spaying for rabbits when people buy rabbits, and they normally don't sell to peopke with young children because they know young kids get bored, they handle their buns everyday and only take buns from people in the village who have had acideidental litters so no breeder! their little guys are out in the back garden run all day and they sell exel! I'm trying to drop real hints i'll help out there for free no one has got the message yet tho :roll:
i wish p@h where the same, then their wouldn't b any problems

Why on earth did she bother buying them when she obviously has so little regard for their well-being? I'll admit that it doesn't automatically follow that an unvaccinated rabbit is going to fall ill with either myxi or VHD, but really, there's no need to be so rude and react that way she did. It always makes me so sad and angry when people like that regard bunnies are disposable almost. :(

I think Pets At Homes really vary - but they don't have any right to say that getting a rabbit vaccinated is just a way of earning money. Especially not after the attention the myxi outbreak has received from the media at the moment.

What a lovely woman!!:evil: Maybe she'll break a leg on the first day of her holiday or get a really bad stomach bug that leaves her confined to loo..... well we can live in hope cant we!;)

Awww poor bunnies - and I agree about the emotional blackmail too :evil: Did you get her address?

Some people just have no idea. It was even on the news in the midlands area last night about Mxyi and the importance of vacinating. P&H should know better too.

Some people make me sick, I hate leaving my Buns with anyone except my mum. I went to 3 different bunny boarding places to find one i'd trust with my babies.
:D

By the sound of her I'd be very inclined to think she was lying about the petshop saying that to her. Since in their leaflets it says about vaccinations.

What a total :censored: .

i agree about the lady probably taking her own view on the vaccination thing I hold up my hands to buying my first bun from P@H and they were very clear on need for vaccinations and neutering.

:shock: What goes around comes around, she'll get what she deserves eventually! What a :censored: :censored: !:evil:

I do think though the prices of vaccs are ridicolous, I mean, how much do they actually cost to make? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd guess they don't cost much to make..... If they were cheaper more buns would be vaccinated, it costs £100 to do my 2 (including 6 montly myxi jabs). Not saying thats ANY excuse not to do them, but lowering the prices would help get all the ignorant nasty people to vaccinate and save a good few lives I'm sure.

Back