• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Netherland Dwarfs

KarinB

Warren Scout
Calling all Nethie owners.

What do yours eat??

I have two (as per photo) and I know that Nethies only should have pellets and hay and small amounts of veg but often get a bit short of ideas as to what to give them.

Mine get carrot, parsley, corriander, greens, kale.

What do others feed theirs and how much?

I have a nethie and he is quite picky with veg, he doesnt like carrot but likes kale and cabbage.

I buy dried fruits from Bunny basics online, he loves the dried apple and banana ive also tried him with dried pineapple and a few of the different varieties of the dried mixed herbs, I buy a small selection everyfew months to try and give him some variety and try new things.

My daughter's Nethie is very picky with his food, and turns his nose up at most fresh veg, with the exception of spring greens and the occassional bit of kale. He has his pellets, plus we give him a wide choice of hays and grasses, mostly the Oxbow ones, and he loves most of them. He WILL eat a bit of dried fruit.....but that is about as adventurous as he gets!!!:lol:

My nethie ate the same as all my rabbits ate - couple teaspoons pellets twice a day, big bundle of hay twice a day, tiny chunk of brocolli, couple inches carrot, half a medium sized leaf spring greens (the others get a whole leaf and more pellets as they're bigger)

rosie loves strawberries as treats and bananas, she adores curly kale she is not soo keen on cabbage she loves carrots,celery apples,melon as a treat andshe had peach once

lisa

When Sweetpea was first in rescue she wouldn't eat hay so Eve was very strict with the pellets...she soon got the idea and now eats a fair amount, though not as much as my other two, she loves curly kale and carrot tops :D

All my bunnies have a very unvaried diet, as I've found introducing new food starts tummy problems in one or the other of them:roll: The nethies have half an eggcup of A&P pellets each, half a spring green leaf (in the morning) an inch of carrot adn some carrot tops in the evening. Theuy have a handful of readigrass and grass during the day, and eat buckets of hay!

I feed mine the same as my big girl, as I figure he's more hyper so uses more energy. But yesterday they had brekfast SS pellets, then when I got home from work they have a treat sized amount of Excel jr and dwarf pellets. For dinner at about 10.30 they had 3 spring green leafs, 3 bits of brocilli, half a tomato, some cucumber and some carrot peelings.

I wouldn'd give them that amount of food if they weren't free roaming bunnies though.

My little boy grabs whatever he can from the food/hay piles before his big girlfriend gets stuck in!!:lol: :lol:
2007_0419Image0116.jpg

Noah is a Nethie cross and he is very picky ( and will even sulk if someone else feeds him :shock: ). I'm afraid his 'faddiness' is accommodated.:lol:
So his main staple diet is Spring Greens, dandelion, plantain, celery,parsley and hazel, all diced as he's a gummy bun and it is topped with a very small piece of pear finely sprinkled! - My son says I 'garnish' his dinner!:lol: :lol:

Mine eat just what the others eat - pellets morning and evening, and carrot/apple, and spring greens in the evenings too. I've never had tummy problems with them.

Noah is a Nethie cross and he is very picky ( and will even sulk if someone else feeds him :shock: ). I'm afraid his 'faddiness' is accommodated.:lol:
So his main staple diet is Spring Greens, dandelion, plantain, celery,parsley and hazel, all diced as he's a gummy bun and it is topped with a very small piece of pear finely sprinkled! - My son says I 'garnish' his dinner!:lol: :lol:

Smudge is a gummy bun too.:)

Back