• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this progress?

Hello :wave:

There may be no point in me making this thread as I already have one about Bella but feel free to move it if i'm wrong.

Today when me and my sister got home from school and after we got changed, I refilled Bella's foodbowl and we got her out for approx 10 - 15 minutes. She was on the table just hopping around with us stroking her and she nibbled the edge of the banana too :lol: I know she kept moving around which i'm alright about but we took some photos on our phones so when I get some more credits i'll put them on here and show you. Before our dinner was ready Bella went our mums arm for a cuddle and then we took a few more photos.
I really want to be able to put her on my arm like that and my chest - Thats the part I can't get myself to do - I know why - I'm a stupid scardy stupid girl thats why!

After whilst my mum and sister was having their dinner - I done a little survey for how they thought it went and both of them wrote all that needs improving is my confidence.

Is this the start of a new beginning - Should I do it for the rest of the week - Just for approx 10 - 15 again like today or was that stupid?

Thanks
Bella & Diana xx

yay diana!

try just a little 5 min hold when bella is relaxed and im sure that she'll be asleep on you in no time!

Thanks for sounding supportive :thumb:

I feel that this may be the start to a new beginning of me not having a fear of doing it. Do you think I should just do it for 10 - 15 minutes or less or more? and as her nails are extremely sharp and as she wriggles I feel I would be able to lift her from the table but where to put her - I don't know :?

Should I do it again today or not? When I get her out from her hutch and place her in the box, I take her indoors and open the box then put her on the table - I'll keep stroking her and make sure she doesn't put her head on the hot radiator like she tried to yesterday :shock: Do you think i'm being stupid and wasting my time or should I do it on a regular basis and maybe do a bit more each day so we both feel no fear?

Last edited:
It's going to be dark soon so should I bring Bella in now for 10 - 15 minutes and keep talking to her and stroking her but I don't think i'll pick her up :?
What do you think?

The last time I made a post in this thread Bella didn't have her indoor cage, Now she does and she is inside for the winter - That just tells you how long people don't bother with my threads for huh :lol:

Hi! :wave:

Hows you and Bella been doing recently? Have you managed to pick her up confidently yet?

Hello :wave:

Thanks for asking!!!
I've not been to bad as i'm having a period right now - Can't wait till its over mind you but hey!!!
Unfoutunatly i'm still lacking confidence in picking Bella up as I always have a feeling she will wriggle and I will hurt her.

Yesterday and today I let Bella have a run of the living room but disappointed myself when I picked her up as I didn't scoop her from her bottom because I thought I'd hurt her, even when I do she opens her legs so its hard to hold her for long :?

Hi :wave:
I was really nervous about holding Tango at first. Just keep on going and have confidence to do it! You just have to get used to each other.

Erm... I may not be doing it right but this is how Tango and I do it. When he was little I used to put my hand round his middle pick him up and bring him to my chest then support his back legs on my hand. This is a pic to help explain...
holdingTangolittle.jpg

Now he's a big bunny I pick him up the same but use my body to support him. I can't find a picture of that but I've found one of my boyfriend doing his version
holdingtangobig.jpg

Hope this helps. I found it was all about my confidence really!

Erm... I may not be doing it right but this is how Tango and I do it. When he was little I used to put my hand round his middle pick him up and bring him to my chest then support his back legs on my hand. This is a pic to help explain...
holdingTangolittle.jpg

Now he's a big bunny I pick him up the same but use my body to support him. I can't find a picture of that but I've found one of my boyfriend doing his version
holdingtangobig.jpg

Hope this helps. I found it was all about my confidence really!

I know my confidence point is at about 2/10 but its the thought of either dropping her and/or hurting her which I don't want to do :? Your photos helped me a bit but when I come to doing it I don't understand :cry: I get what you mean except the part where you say you support Tango's back legs on your hand, how and doesn't that hurt!?

If you look at the picture of Tango and Mark you can see that Tango is in affect stood on Mark's hand. It's the same in the picture od me and little Tango his back legs are resting in my hand that's what I meant.

You probably feel very nervous of picking up Bella cos she still quite little and I think thats natural. The smaller the animal is, the more we think we are going to hurt them. Some rabbits are more wiggly than others which can make it difficult but perhaps trying picking her up near a sofa or an arm chair so if you feel shes too wiggly and she might fall, you can put her down somewhere soft really quick if you need to. I always hold my rabbits against my chest, one hand/arm around their body and a supporting hand under their bum. Remember alot of rabbits dont like being picked up anyway and it may take her a little time to get used to it but the more confident you get, the more safer she will feel.

I think your doing great though and you obviously care about her alot:D

Back