• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Six Buns need urgent help

Suzanne

Mama Doe
Urgent help required. This is an email i received via my veggie group about some buns in desparate need of help. it looks like time is of the essence and not much is know about buns and conditions. If any rescue can help I have a number of a lady who knows a bit more about them. i think they are in Buxton Derbys. I can help with transport but can't take any.

Six rabbits - all sizes, some very large. All need a home.

The landlord of the house, not into animals really, has kindly been feeding them and
paying for their upkeep and a neighbour has been cleaning their hutches out.

But now the landlord is taking the house back and also going out of the
country - on Wednesday!

So good life-long homes are needed for the bunnies; poor things don't know
they are about to be homeless and I'm worried they may end up in someone's
pot!

Oh Dear. I am chocca at the moment but can offer back up to a foster carer for a pair (my own are full too).

Thanks Sooz - I know most rescues are full at the moment. Can anyone else help? I might give Kirkby a call to see if she can take any.

I've just gotten another large hutch today, so can foster a pair of large rabbits on behalf of a rescue... can't offer a permenant home though :(
I'll be able to collect if needed.

I have a cage I could fit one or a pair in, - I could foster for Sooz if she's happy with that - I haven't fostered for her before. It would need to be after this weekend though, as I am bonding for someone on here.

I do need Rescue back up though - I owe my vet for all Barley's PM & tests, & antibiotics & I'm trying not to think about it!

Not 100% sure these are the same buns but myself and Hilda have been asked to take a bun each to foster..
We were told 6 buns needed help same area so its got to be the same buns.. Maybe if anyone can foster I could give you the ladies number thats sorting it. I've been old vet bills will be paid.

I am happy to back up Angie with two of these rabbits.....any more details available, we may no have suitable accomodation for the 'very large ones'.

Update

I've just had an update....Again, the same old story:The owner is refusing to sign over the rabbits, so we have to wait for RSPCA to proceed. Let's not hold our breath:(

If the owner has dumped them and not looking after them having moved.....who is there to sign them over?

If only...I made a call to the Rspca Priority line 3 weeks ago about the condition some rabbits are being kept in. I know at least 3 other people have also made a report..despite this, no-one's called yet.I have made 2 follow-up calls and am meeting a brick wall.:(

Last edited:
If the owner has dumped them and not looking after them having moved.....who is there to sign them over?

Yes that is confusing, I thought it was that someone had dumped the rabbits on the landlord who was leaving the country? Have we two lots of cases here maybe?
Soon as the house is seen to be unoccupied by the RSPCA they can remove the buns.

Yes that is confusing, I thought it was that someone had dumped the rabbits on the landlord who was leaving the country? Have we two lots of cases here maybe?
Soon as the house is seen to be unoccupied by the RSPCA they can remove the buns.

It could be that we have two different cases. I've tried to phone the lady that contact me but got no reply. Ill try again later.

Back