• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D U/D please help my bunnies- so sad

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Me and My O/H have split. And I hate myself for it but now im homeless and I will soon have to sleep at parents who wont have my bunnies.

I either have to put all my bunnies into rescue or if any one here can have them i would love it so much because i have 100% faith in all the regular members in caring for the loves of my life.

Theo and Cleo - my bonded pair , have a thistle hall hutch and run, toilet, food, hay - both neutered - lovely pair.

Little Roo- not yet neutered as only 4/5 months old. White Mini Rex- little boy. indoor cage.

In both cases I will give the bunnies- along with all the food, hay etc they need and their homes for free. I just need someone trustworthy.

Im crying as i write this- i love my babies- they cant just go anywhere....

Please help . PM or reply asap- I have a month...

so sorry everyone - i hate myself for this but the worst part is having to rehome all that i care about.

jem x

Last edited:
please dont attack me for this. I hate myself so much....

And I will not let them go any where i dont trust 100% and havent visited. Ill help all i can- come and visit and clean them out if needs be- but i wont let them go to just any one

I'm sorry Jemma :(

Perhaps fostering is a temporary option until you are settled? If not, good luck with finding them a home, I'm sure you'll find a good one with someone on here x

Oh no, sorry about your split and you not being able to keep your buns. Isn't there a chance someone could foster them for you until you have a place of your own or is moving back with your parents a permanent thing?

I hope you find a loving home for them where you can visit them, wish I had room as they are lovely buns

Helen x

I'm so sorry Jemma.
How awful for you.
I hope you get them sorted soon, in a foster home or rehomed, whatever you decide x

Oh no, sorry about your split and you not being able to keep your buns. Isn't there a chance someone could foster them for you until you have a place of your own or is moving back with your parents a permanent thing?

I hope you find a loving home for them where you can visit them, wish I had room as they are lovely buns

Helen x

thanks all so much- this is whaqt i want ideally.... im willing to support financially- pay whoever has them £15 / £20 a month to cover the costs- they were my responsibility so i wont just dump them on any one

long term foster is a good idea - :D but i could never give a definate timescale to any one who has them-

So sorry to hear this . Wishing you every luck in finding a foster home or forever homes for your lovely bunnies.
Take Care

Hiya Jemma, sorry about your bad news :cry: . Have you spoke to Jane Dexter? As Cleo will need to go there, but she'll make room for Theo too. Sorry about your bad luck :cry:

I am so sorry for your split with your boyfriend, where is he going, wouldnt he keep them??
Must be so hard for you and if i was close to you i would look after them until you were settled but unfortunatly im nowhere near :cry:
I think you should maybe find a long term fosterer as you will still get to see them and get them back at the end of the day
good luck hun and keep your chin up xxxx

could you bond the 3rd bun in with the other two and get him neautered, then someone might be able to foster them all as outdoor buns for you until you are sorted?

could you bond the 3rd bun in with the other two and get him neautered, then someone might be able to foster them all as outdoor buns for you until you are sorted?

id love 2 but its not an option im afraid... i had a recent chat about that on here- they will not bond as theo attatcks cleo when roo is near (competition wise)

Tam, Why will Jane need to have Cleo? Jane is very crowded at the moment - i think its the last thing she wants. Ill speak to her but id love theo and cleo to have as much attention as poss and i dont think this will be possible when there is so many buns for her to care for. I know she does a brilliant job!

Im responsible for them both and i wont let any one have them who i know would not care for them as good / better than i did.

ah ok hadn't seen that thread.

Erm, well as SOAD says any rescue bun would have to go back to the rescue so that just leaves roo who is very cute and i'm sure someone will have space for him. Sorry can't be of more help i would love to foster them for you but our buns live at my boyfriends house and we haven't any space for anymore

H x

It's part of your contract when you have a rabbit from a rescue that the rescue has the rabbit back in the event of you not being able to care for the bunny any more.

If it came to it id inform jane of where they were going! let her have the final decision but i dont think shed have a problem i think she would trust my decision.

It's part of your contract when you have a rabbit from a rescue that the rescue has the rabbit back in the event of you not being able to care for the bunny any more.

Ill ring her tomorrow- only got back from holiday this morning........

I'm sure you could get someone to foster for a while for you especially if you have the hutch aswell.. Have a word with Jane and see what she says..
I hope it all works out for you..

what a horrible thing to happen, are you sure you will not get back together again?

Back