• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can't work my bunny out!

rianne23

Mama Doe
Daisy is being very strange!! i go to see her and she sits there being al quiet, i open the hutch door and stick my head all the way in :shock: until i see a spider that is! then Daisy comes over after i make silly noises...heaven knows what i must look like with my bum sticking out, hutch for a head and noises lol!...:lol: :roll: but anyway, she comes over, then she rubs her head on me and seems as if she wants to get out...
so i shut the door and she comes over sniffing my face through the wire and licking her lips..

then she goes into the run when she knows i am going inside, and she hops round like mad, so i go and sit on the floor and open run door and she comes right out!! :roll: she is a little monkey:lol: i keep putting her back in and, i am not sure what she is doing? maybe she wants to run away! :cry: :roll:

Sounds like she can't work you out either :lol: I guess she's just trying to figure out what you want, same as you are trying to figure out what she wants - maybe she misses grooming her babies so wants to groom you? Did you get her a cuddly toy to snuggle up to? :)

Awwww missing her babies... :cry: If you start giving her a little pretend groom, she might groom you back, and yeah put a teddy in with her. Caramel loves her teddy and it was one of my bridge bunny's teddies before that.

Awww she'll be fine given some time to get used to the changes :) My bunnies took about 2 weeks to settle down and look happy when I moved them outside from being house bunnies - at first they were scared to death by all the road noise, birds etc. and the wind blowing on them, but they love it now :D I would try a teddy for her though - she won't eat it all in one go and you can check for nibbles - just make sure she can't chew off any eyes etc.

I think she proberly is a bit lonely.
I think a teddy is a fab idea, I saw a poor little bun in the pet shop called Cocoa (don't worry it's a really good pet shop no animals only supplies + boarding!) who was there for a week, his girly bun friend had pased away and he was lonely and they hadn't found another bunny he would get on with, so they gave him a teddy! he licked and and he protected it, it was really sweet! I've heard that now though he has now found a girl friend so yay for Cocoa!

I think she proberly is a bit lonely.
I think a teddy is a fab idea, I saw a poor little bun in the pet shop called Cocoa (don't worry it's a really good pet shop no animals only supplies + boarding!) who was there for a week, his girly bun friend had pased away and he was lonely and they hadn't found another bunny he would get on with, so they gave him a teddy! he licked and and he protected it, it was really sweet! I've heard that now though he has now found a girl friend so yay for Cocoa!

:D awww thats such a sweet story!! ok i will go on a teddy hunt for Daisy! thanks guys, any specific hair i should avoid though? xx

I would get a fleecy one rather than a long furry one - she's bound to lick it and you don't want her swallowing long fur - wilkinsons usually have cheap soft toys for about £1 :)

Back