• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Home Check - I'm so excited!

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
I just thought I'd share with you how excited and also slightly nervous I am about my upcoming home check. :shock:

I've just spoken to the rescue today and they are coming to my house a week tomorrow to do my home check. That means I'm soon to have a new bun!! I cannot wait. :D

Has anyone got any advice of what I should do before hand. I guess I just get the new hutch ready and show them where in the house the bunny has access to?

I'm not putting my current bunster Splodge in the new hutch as she'll mark it as her territory and I thought it would be best to put them in their new home together.

Thanks

awww i hope it goes well! hopefully myself i'll be getting homechecked so Midnight will have a friend too! I'm really excited!

Just in case you've not seen Jill's posts, I'm "desperately" :oops: waiting for a homecheck too. Want my buns so badly - I've never been great at being patient, comes from being an only child I think! :rolleyes:

Good luck with the home check. Know exactly how you feel - excited cos it's nearly bun time, but nervous, just in case you get told you can't have bunnies :cry: :cry: Sure it will be fine, with all the advice and expertise on here, we've really no excuse to get it wrong!!!

The day has arrived!! I am so nervous:oops: Wish me luck for this afternoon. Spent all night sorting out the food and the hutch for inspection!!

Good luck I'm sure your homecheck will go just fine :D I've done homechecks for rabbit and dogs and usually I'm more nervous than the ones having the check :lol: :lol: let us know how it goes.

I had mine on Sunday -I was exactly the same, I filled the food bowl and litter tray ready :roll: it's not like Shell couldn't tell what was gonna go in the empty bowls, but it just wantd to make sure everything was just right. Good luck!

They forgot me. I was sat at home waiting :cry: :cry:
I'd left work early too :shock:

But they're coming on Thursday - hurrah!!

Back