• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flooring on hutch

Pringle

Warren Veteran
What can i put down :? - Pringle has a two teir hutch and i normally fill both floors with straw and hay but he doesnt eat it so i feel it gets a bit wasted, i thought i could maybe put straw and hay on the top and on the bottom around his litter tray then maybe something else down on the rest, does anyone have any idea?? xxx:rolleyes:

Why dont you lay down some lino, then vetbed on top or do what i did get the cheap vetbed from Ikea. Its still snuggley, but less expensive. Got some Real Vetbed for when they are feeling a bit down or poorly.

m
xx

I have a couple of litter trays on the ground floor filled with hay. On the first floor they have bare wood in their lounge, this could have lino on it or carpet tiles if they are litter trained. Then they have a litter tray in their bedroom with hay in it.

My hutches are fitted with lino (i do this with all hutches, even the piggies hutches as it protects the wood from getting wet all the time) All my buns will wee in their litter trays but do some poos elsewhere. I have carpet tiles down at the mo (£2 from B&Q) but in the winter i will give them vet bed or fleece, they have litter trays with hay in and in the bedrooms they have a fluffy bed of some description!

Mine are on vetbed in their bed areas and straw, hay and news paper (mainly to line where they wee and poo) every where else. they seem to like it this way, but it's barely been a week since I changed over, so can not say for sure.

vikki:D

Back