• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Falling In Love

jess1liam

Young Bun
After falling in love with my first bun a French Lop who is now 19wks called Blu( was thought to be a boy at first), she plays with my children who are 3 and 5, she do take thier toys and runs off with them and hide them in the sand pit just to get them to play with her or she takes the dogs ball and pushes it through my 3yr olds tunnel so poor Ayna ( a Goldy) gets stuck along with other antics she gets up to. I can sit for hours just watching her play so i have decided to get another and have had her spayed ,i now have a 12wk old French Lop called Cloud ( my son choose) but he is very nervous so i guess it is going to be slowly slowly to gain trust and confidence I am hoping that they will get on so that on cold winter nights they can cuddle up togather ( i will have Cloud done when he is old enough so he does not pester her). What would be the best way to introduce them they are facing each other at moment and Blu when out has sniffed at his hutch but not real bothered and Cloud just backs into the corner

Assuming she's only been spayed recently because of her age, she will still be quite hormonal and territorial, so make sure she can't bite his nose through the cage mesh (as happened with the 2 I tried to bond :roll: ) It is usually the females that defend territory aggressively, so they need to be introduced somewhere she's never been before, and left well supervised in that area for a few days to bond - meantime you can transform her living area so she doesn't get all defensive over it when the boy is there. So long as they don't both want to be dominant and mount, it will be OK - probably she will be the dominant one doing all the nipping, chasing and mounting - and hopefully he will worship her (as it should be of course :) )

Back