• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We have had a fire!!!!

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Today has been absolutely awul.

An electrical fire broke out in the rabbit room at half four this afternoon and spread onto two of the rabbit cages. Poor Paige was in one of these and the other thank heavens was empty as Paiges melting cage dripped into it.

Thankfully the fire started at the end where her litte tray was and burnt slowly due to the damp....also the window was open so it helped ventilate the fumes from the plastic. I dread to think what would have hapened if she had beenn freshly cleaned out.

Everyone is OK, Paige had the sense to stay at the end of her cage but I am worried about the stress this has caused heavily pregnant Izzy. Thankfully all we lost was one cage and no bunnies, people or other pets.

I feel really sick thinking about what could have happened.

Oh how awful :shock: Thank God no-bunny was injured - hope they are all OK and you must be a bit shaken up too :shock:

How awful for you - I'm so glad no bunnies were hurt. I guess you'll have to take them to the vet tomorrow for a check up, to be on the safe side...

That is awful I'm so glad no-one or animal was hurt. Poor you and buns hope they're not to stressed by the ordeal :(

OMG! That must have been so scary! I'm paranoid about electrical fires, do you know how it started? I'm glad everyone and bun is ok.

OMG:shock: Really pleased everyone is ok but I know how even the smallest of fires can be a real shock, to people and pets. Thank goodness everyone is safe and maybe we'll all double check our fire safety tonight. If you have electric in sheds, I'd make sure you have a smoke alarm in there.... mind you dont get me onto smoke alarms, I have one in every room!

oh my god i am so glad you are all ok. Thankful the cage took it all,that no great loss, glad everyone is ok xx

Blimey that was a close call - thank goodness you were home and no one was hurt. Keeping everything crossed Izzy will be o.k.

On no how awful :shock: :shock: So glad that you are all OK. Hope Paige has a good night and isn't too stressed - brave bunny. Let us know if you need anything. Take care x

BIG HUG for you from Gypsy too xxx

Back