• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny - problems

niandsa

Young Bun
Hi, I posted a while ago re: rescuing a bun from a relative that was being neglected. Well, I now have him. He is a 4 - 5 year old lop called George. I have a couple of problems though, one being the fact that he was neutered the day before I got him (as a present for me?!?!?!) He seems fine in himself - I can't see any stitches or anything - not sure where to look?!?!?! :roll: Is there anything I should be checking? Does he need a follow up at my vet?

He also had his claws trimmed whilst he was under. When he arrived one was bleeding profusely which we managed to stop by applying pressure. But then the claw fell out! :cry: Will it grow back? Will he manage without one?

Finally, he arrived in a FLITHY hutch measuring 3ft x 18 in x 18in. :cry: Spent ages this morning scrubbing it but obviously I need a new hutch and am planning on getting a 6 x 2 x 2 from Happy Hutch with run under. Anyone any thoughts on that?

I will post pictures of all my buns soon - as soon as I work out how to do it. Must go on the introduction section as well to say hi to everyone - I'm still very new to this!! Thanks for your help everyone - I am so pleased I found this forum and am recommending it to all my bunny loving friends!!

well done from rescuing this poor bun from an awful state. Happy Hutch company were good but I had to put some extra water-resistant coat on mine to waterproof it more. There are some complaints about their products though.

Awww I'm glad you got him - that happy hutch model on ebay is great for £115 even if it's not perfect - fantastic value :)

I have ordered a hutch :D I couldn't bear to see him cooped up for any longer than necessary! I have bought the Happy Hutch 6 x 2 x 2 hutch and 6 x 4 run off ebay.

I hope he likes it!! It is going to be over twice as large as the (guinea pig) hutch that he is in now.

Here's hoping that the delivery is nice and quick :)

Back