• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

unhappy bunny

Bunnytod

Mama Doe
Just been out to see Honey and Harley and Honey seems a bit down, They have been stuck in thier hutch all day so i just let them have free range around the garden, I have fed them and gave them some water normally she eats straight away but she has just lied down, She has a sad look to, i am not sure what to do???

did she eat anything at all? the only time one of mine weren't excited about food was when jess was bloated. if she's been in her hutch she also may not have had a good chance to run and 'move' any wind. How was she when she was free range in the garden? was she her normal self?

yeah she was ok when out, she is eating her dinner now, she looks a bit sad though and she is fed up of cuddles

What are her poos like?
If they are very small and hard then she has a reduced GI motility. She may have the start of a Dental problem and her mouth may be a bit sore.
I would pop her along for a Vet check tomorrow if she still seems 'down'

Janex

Yes they do have their 'off days' but if she's still 'off' in the morning I'd take her to the vet :)

poo's are normal, She was at the vet's last week for a health check, teeth were good, She might just be having one of them days, Doesnt help with me checking every 2 mins to make sure she is ok, Harley is grooming her head alot as well, he never normally does that, he may be trying to cheer her up.

I think they do get a bit constipated if the weather's too bad for them to come out - Benny hates the windy days and I usually get a long handled broom and drag him and his litter tray out of the back of the run, just to get him moving and pooping - it is a problem in winter :)

Back