• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eagerly awaiting some bunnies!!

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
I've got to say it - rabbit proofing my house has all but killed me! I've been back and forth to town getting tape and extension cords, boxes - all sorts. I've been round every inch of a verrrrry long phone line, carefully taping it all down so there's not even a peak of the damn stuff! But it's kind of like getting the house ready for a baby - it's hard work and expensive, but you know at the end of it you're gonna get to bring a bundle of joy home wiv you!! :bunny:

My O/H is not amused by the whole thing "That looks rubbish with wires hanging across the walls". I say "not a problem, I'll just move it", but I think "Yeah, I'll just undo the last half hours work and ***** about for an hour sticking it to the skirting boards, grrr" However, on the whole he's being very supportive about the whole thing. I've been overdrawn for the last 4 years, and I was just starting to get out the red and I've spent it all on rabbit stuff :oops: :oops:

He pretends he's not really interested, and that he's 'letting' me get rabbits, but he saw one he liked at the rescue yesterday, and the bloke said he was already reserved, and you could tell O/H was gutted.

He's being foreman and I'm doing the donkey work. I'm quite imaginative, so I spot rabbit hazards, but I'm not very logical, so he then thinks of ways to solve the problem, then I do the actual work, which is why I think he's pretending not to be interested - then he has an excuse to let me do all the work!

hehe when i asked if i could have a rabbit it was, if thats what you want.... i swear this bloke is more attached to Alvin than i am :D

they are very good at pretending they aint interested......lol

Yeah, Elve, I read that before I did my house (fortunately!!) our skirting board had quite a deep groove in, so the wires have tucked neatly away and the tape is just to hide it. It's almost invisible unless you're looking for it... hope it'll be okay!! I've got loads of toys and they'll get lots of attention so hope to distract them from chewing skirting boards and furniture.

I also read somewhere (maybe somewhere on these boards?) that if your bun is doing something you'd rather they didn't, spraying them with one of those little water squirters will detract them from doing it again - is this true?

hehe when i asked if i could have a rabbit it was, if thats what you want.... i swear this bloke is more attached to Alvin than i am :D

they are very good at pretending they aint interested......lol

Lol, last night was so funny.

First there was a fly in the house, I started making strange noises and whinging about flystrike (reality check: I don't even have bunnies yet!!) O/H leaps up, grabs a magazine and chases this fly all round the house, finally squashing it on a window. Then claimed he should get a medal for services to rabbitkind!

Then Jill let me know that Candy's (one of possible rabbits) teeth are fine, but the vet says she'll need her bum wiped with a babywipe every day because of having flystrike twice before. I was happy with that, but didn't think O/H would even consider it... in fact he was absolutely fine about it.

Then later on I said something important about me going to the doctor, and he didn't say anything, so I said "hello?", n he said "sorry, I presumed it was about rabbits again, so I tuned out! :roll:

I still can't pick! Looks like Candy...
candy.jpg

will be best paired with Seb
rabbit_9630.jpg

or Henry
rabbit_8772.jpg

I found it impossible to choose when I first got bunnies over 2yrs ago - I had all the kit set up for months and months, but I just couldn't choose :lol: I went for those which would be unlikely to find homes if I didn't have them, and easy to handle for a beginner - the rescue had 3 pairs that met those criteria, and then I had to decide :shock: I still don't know how I did it - maybe I tossed a coin :rolleyes:

Candy says
"I would love an indoor home..I have just been sat on Auntie Jill's knees having a fuss and then followed her round the house! she was calling me and i was hopping after her..she thought it was funny but I just wanted more noserubs and food!"
Candyi.jpg

"and I will bond easily as have already with this chap..although as much as i ask he will not groom me!!"
Candyj.jpg

my lady bits will need a regualr wipe with a baby wipe but it's not my fault my last human let me get attacked by those flies..twice and left me untreated!:evil:
I am very well behaved and soooo want someone who will care for me properly ..not like my last owner:cry:

Aw, you look so much better Candybun, you can tell you've lost weight, you'll have to come and live with me so you can tell your dieting secret!!

And I'm sure we can find you a nice man, looking like that, you sexy doe you ;)

"I'm stil a bit rounded...and do have a large dewlap..but I am very gentle natured"

Me too Candy, don't you worry, we could diet together. And you'd get lots of exercise at my house, lots of rooms to explore, even 2 flights of stairs if you're up to it? Have you met Henry - is he your type?

Well, having had the pleasure of Gilbert 'n' Muffin, and Candy lodging with me for a while, I think youre spoilt for choice. Candy is a gentle girl and wasnt phased by my Bull Terrier at all, in fact she seemed to enjoy his company....a lovely placid bun, but she could still scoot round the garden when she felt like it! :lol:

Last edited:
I just can't believe no one else has taken them yet, they're all gorgeous, I'm so lucky to have them to choose from - what the expression 'spoilt for choice' was invented for!

No, but Jill's said she'll do the homecheck, and the bed's coming tomorrow, and the pen's coming "between 3-5 days", so it's looking promising!!:D :D

Back