• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bayer Advantage flea drops

rianne23

Mama Doe
:wave: guys i need some advice.
Daisy had her myxi vacc so she is vulnerable..the receptionist gave me (slid in my pocket) 1 tube of Advantage 0.8ml flea drops for cats, dogs, rabbits 4kg and over....
i don't know how much Daisy weighs. Or how to use this??

:shock: my kitchen scales are tesco £3 ones lol! and she is too big to fit lol!! i am going to have to try to weigh her on my bathroom scales ha ha that will be oh so much fun as she is oh so nervous :roll: :lol: and he never told me her weight and he didnt weigh her no

:shock: my kitchen scales are tesco £3 ones lol! and she is too big to fit lol!! i am going to have to try to weigh her on my bathroom scales ha ha that will be oh so much fun as she is oh so nervous :roll: :lol: and he never told me her weight and he didnt weigh her no

Just weigh yourself then weigh again holding Daisy..

Hiya,

Kitchen scales will be more accurate at small weights. You can pop her in a small box or a carrier on pop her on the scales. It's hard to guess size accurately from a photo but she's probably between 1.5-3kg so check what your scales go up to.

Scamp will just sit on them (if you dangle a treat above his nose)
scamp201.jpg

but the others I all do on the same scales in their carrier :)

Tam

If it's definitely a vial of the Advantage for small dogs/cats/rabbits, then you use the entire contents of the vial.

It should have a plastic top that breaks off, so you can't re-seal it anyway.

Amy

i wouldnt put any more on then, if its for rabbits of over 4kg shes only a 1/4 of that...its better than nothing what youve given her :D

i personally am going to stick with the bob martin stuff as the dosage was clearly written on the back..... altho i must get my ass to p@h as Alvin the monster is due a treatment about now :oops:

Back