• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Newspaper- quick question?

I don't give my boy Benny card or paper as he sits there eating it - I think they nibble it pretty small but still it could swell up inside them and cause a blockage I guess. Best thing when they start nibbling other stuff is to give them a handful of fresh hay - they like the greenish hay you can get from farm shops or riding stables - pet shop hay is usually poor quality, or try burgess forage from pets at home - it's a bit rich but better than paper :)

yea thats the one, I have been to every shop that sells pet food including pets at home and the highest protein and fibre content I could find was 16%, some where as low as 10%, I am going to use the junior one I have now and try and find other suppliers in the area so I can arrange with my dad (I don't drive yet) so I can get some quality food!

Any recommendations on brands?

Again I apoligise for all the questions!

Science Selective is a pretty good brand I think and is available in most places.

If you go on The Hay Experts or Bunny Basics, they sell food and you can compare the different types a bit more easily.

Don't apologise for asking questions, that is how we learn stuff!:D

I get science selective online from ukpetsupplies - if you change brands of food you need to do it slowly bit by bit over a fortnight, so there's no tummy upsets.

thank you it probably sounds silly but knowing I have this forum to hand makes me feel safer as I know I can always ome on here and ask! You have all helped me a lot already!

I am just looking at food now :D

Back