• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ode to my vets/Bun update

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
After Chocolate died of heart problem & bloat, & then Barley died a couple of weeks later with pneumonia, several of my buns have been tested for disease. We half expected problems with Sugar, as she had a wheezy-breathing episode some time back, but her test results were clear. (Blood & poo samples). All buns remained well, so I went to Turkey, leaving a vet nurse living here & a vet calling in 3 times over the week.

During the week, the vet nurse heard Alex breathing "slightly louder", so took him up to the vets. Vets thinks possible snuffles. He's on anti biotics, & has already been treated with 28 days panacur, but we may well be treating everyone again shortly (speaking to vet on Monday). Unfortunately, vet nurse noticed he was getting picked on a bit after return from vets (could just be the vet-smell, or the fact that the dynamics of the group are changing a little - Chocolate & Barley were high authorities, & both female. Before I went, I noticed the buns were "mixing" a bit differently). Vet nurse put Alex in another room, so I may try to rebond when he's better, or split the group in some way. But the welcome I got of him tonight was amazing. He proper binkied towards me:love:

Anyway, my vet nurse house/bun sitter has been fantastic. She's done several vet trips, cleaned everyone out (including Calel - after strict instructions that he could remain in his run/crates for a week, with just a litter tray change every couple of days) kept me up to date all the time, & bought me bread & milk (I couldn't tell her about veganism then:oops: :lol:) so I could "have a cuppa!" when I got back. She's worth her weight in gold & doesn't know it yet, but is getting a big bonus:lol:

My vets have let me have a credit account (I'm not sure of the amount yet, but my new credit card just arrived, so we good:oops: :lol:) & Barley's ashes have been returned, so I can put her in the garden with Chocolate, Caramel & Pink Squiggle.

I'm totally gonna use my vets again for house/bun sitting, cos that's the first time I've had complete peace of mind while I'm away.

I'm done rambling on now, but it's your lots fault, cos there's no one on & I'm bored:lol:

Oh, WOW....you are SO lucky! What a relief it must have been to know that your bunnies are so well looked after in your absence!!!!!:D :D

I can just picture Alex binkying his way towards you when he saw you...........Awwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!:love: :love:

When I go away .....which is REEEEEEALLY rare!......my eldest daughter looks after my bunnies for me. Okay.....I leave her a huge long list of VERY detailed instructions.....and she is a very experienced bunny owner herself, having grown up with them and being a Dutch fanatic herself.....but I STILL drive her mad every day whilst I am away by constantly ringing her up to double check 'one last thing'!!!!!:oops: :oops: And I drive the REST of the family who is WITH me insane by constantly carrying on about my buns and how much I miss them!!!!!:oops: :lol:

Sooooooooooooooooo......................

How was Turkey?!?!?:D :D :D

So glad that you have had such excellent support from your Vets :D

Awwwww how cute to be greeted by a binkying Bunny!! :love:

Janex

Turkey was great. Was a proper veg week, so didn't matter that hotel was in middle of nowhere! It was all inclusive, & I sent a massive list of dietrary requirements & seriously expected to be eating veggie, instead of vegan, but the hotel were really good. Food was amazing, I am tanned :D And completely exhausted:lol:

I'm sorry to hear about your buns, i must of missed some posts as i didn't know you had lost some of them :(

Glad you had a nice holiday though and the buns were in good hands.

Back