• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

an exhausting day ....

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
im absolutly shattered :cry: my mum was rushed into hospital on thursday :cry: she,s in a bad way and could be in there a while :( today it started with taking the puppy to the vets then onto rescue 2 bunnies who are absolutly stunning but so underweight :evil: then got home a lady turned up to bond her bunny then i went on to do a homecheck, then home again then off to the hospital after that took my brother shopping took my dad home, came home then off to the hospital again to see mum, havnt eaten allday as there wasnt time, just got home to find out that my husband has taken so many calls regarding people wanting rid in total 9 bunnies and 30 guineapigs of which most are pregnant,:shock: and im full to bursting :roll: whats a girl to do? what worries me is whats gonna happen cos i cant take them, im feeling so drained i feel so unappreciated i seem to be clearing up everyone elses mistakes lately i hope tomorrow is a better day
sorry rant over :oops:

Your doing a fab job rescueing, but at the end of the day you've got to draw a line somewhere, you can't save them all, unfortunately.

Hope your mum's ok,

Sounds like you need a rest hun. If I was nearer I'd come and help in a second!

Nicola

Yep I 2nd that. Does sound like you need a rest Caroline, what a busy day!
Sending vibes to your mum.
Just remember that you have in a way got to be cruel to be kind cos by overstretching yourself you'll be no good to anyone/bun. You're doing a great job helping all the buns you do.
Hope things look brighter soon x x

Awww sorry to hear about your mum - hope she's OK soon :(

As for the poor animals - could you appeal for more fosterers?

Caroline

You have a lot on your plate at the moment and you are doing a good job helping many animals over the past months. You cannot overstretch yourself, otherwise not only will your health and your family struggle, but the animals you have currently in your care will also suffer.

Even without this additional pressure, like all other rescues there is a limit to how many animals you can take in and adequately care for. You need to set yourself strict limits and refer people on to other rescues however far away you need to be able to suggest. Whilst it is hard to do this, other rescues will take up some of these animals and take them in. All the good rescues I comunicate with all do this and refer on when we are full to each other.

Hope your mum is better soon

I totally agree with that - you can only commit yourself to so much and continue to do it so well; after that you'd be compromising. You're already doing a BRILLIANT job, don't overstretch yourself or everyone'll suffer!
Make sure you make time (even if its just 5-10 minutes at the end of a day) to think thru what's going on in your life, plan for the next day, etc. i.e. straighten your head out, otherwise it'll build up then all hit you at once - happened to me back at easter and it was very difficult. Big hugs, look after yourself xx

Back