• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pellet Dilemma!

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
My wild bun Spudsey is currently eating the junior supa rabbit excel pellets which she goes MAD over! New bunny Squirrel is on allen and page food for guniea pigs. Wanted to put Spuds on allen and page food anyway as read it was the best food, so....

stupidly went and got a big bag of allen and page natural pellets

ooops wrong stuff!

So! Do I change both bunnies over to the natural ones??? Spudsey absolutely ADORES her current pellets so I will feel really mean moving her to the other ones but hey ho!

Rabbit pellets are best for bunnies so gradually switching both over sounds fine to me :) Maybe she'll like the new ones too?

Have I read that right... Your new bun eats G Pig food??

Is the new big bag you bought rabbit or GP food? How about giving them a mixture of both (assuming its rabbit not GP food) :wave:

Have I read that right... Your new bun eats G Pig food??

Is the new big bag you bought rabbit or GP food? How about giving them a mixture of both (assuming its rabbit not GP food) :wave:

yes you have he eats allen and page food for g pigs! I got him from a rescue and because they had gps as well as rabbits and apparently you can't give gps rabbit food they just got gp food! It looks just like rabbit food to be honest, the colourful stuff!

I have bought rabbit food...huge 20kg sack!

Is the new sack of food the bag of Natural Allen and Page pellets which is approximately 23% fibre. If you have got this then this is a good food and is far superior to any mix you can buy. If this is the food you have purchased I would slowly wean them both over to this.

Is the new sack of food the bag of Natural Allen and Page pellets which is approximately 23% fibre. If you have got this then this is a good food and is far superior to any mix you can buy. If this is the food you have purchased I would slowly wean them both over to this.

Hello :wave:

Yes this is the one. I have been mixing Squirrels gp food with this and also Spudseys supa rabbit excel with it.

It is always worth checking that you are not giving them too much, by only giving them the 100g a day they require between them, it is usually a lot easier to get them to eat the new food as you wean them. If they are getting more than 100g between them it can be a little more trickie.

Back