• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some September photos of our garden

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
I just went around the garden and took some photos. It has changed so much since we made the pond half a year ago.

This is the last of our sunflowers. It is about 350 cms tall now, so more than half a metre taller than the competition flower. And the tallest flower has broken off already, thanks to some squirrels climbing around in the plant. :rolleyes:

septsun1.jpg

Here's a nice bright green/yellow grass that grows in a sunny spot in the otherwise shady part. The ferns in the background did really well in this cool summer.

septgrass.jpg

The big red Lobelia does very well at the edge of the pond:

septlobelia.jpg

Some blue Campanulas on thyme:

septthyme.jpg

And one of our baby frogs enjoying the sun on a water lettuce plant:

babyfroggy.jpg

Aw beautiful. I love your ferns and the Lobelia.
My fern hasn't done too well this year. it was fine last year :?

Our garden isn't very big, but it is about square in shape, not long and narrow like many others we had looked at. So it is easier to use the space and have separate corners for the bunnies, the kids, the pond and even a big compost heap.

All our ferns did very well this year, and I have about 10 different species. The hostas did well at first, too, but then the slugs were taking over. :cry:

The garden looks really lovely.:D I love this time of year, as the late summer flowers look fab against the reds and golds that autumn brings. I can not get Lobelia to live here, the slugs have taken it every time I've tried!:lol: :lol: The grass looks like Hakonechloa; it's a beauty:D

Back