• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thought they were litter-trained...

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
I thought that Milly and molly were litter trained because they always seemed to use the litter tray. Today was their first full clean out, and i found wet patches in every corner. I have disfected the hutch so it got rid of the smell. Is there anything else I can do? they mostly go in the litter tray, so they know they are supposed to go in it.

How old are they? Some bunnies get messier when they reach puberty (3-4 months) So that may be it.
They may improve later, or they may require neutering to become fully litter trained again.

they are 10 weeks old. Will I have to clean the areas where they wee in the corners more often than once a week? I empty the litter tray every day.

Lots of trays! That's the only way I could get Maa to stop going on the floor - there is now no floor :shock:

Back