• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Friend Wants A Bunny!!!! U/D She's saving up for them

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
My close friend wants a bunny. She has had a bunny before when she was like 10 years old or something. She only wants one now because I've got two. I don't know if I should encourage her or discourage her because bunnies are very hard work(as all of you know!!!) and she has little time on her hands. She has work and college and doesn't get home until about 5pm-6pm. I don't know if she'll care for them properly and when she came and saw my buns, she didn't want to sit with them or anything. She says that she wants to be round my bunnies more so she can get used to them. I don't want my buns to be like some sort of plaything. I will help her if she really wants one, like feed, bedding, rescue centres, but I think that she'll do a few weeks then want to land them on me. I've just told her I can't meet up with her today as I have to do the buns so she can see it is hard work and takes a long time. I really can't go anyway. Got to do the buns. :D What do you think I shall do?

She does sound a bit more like the 'oh what a cute toy/handbag/pair of shoes I must have one' type of girl so I can't imagine her enjoying 'playing at farms' which is basically what bunny care involves - a lot of stomping about in wellies getting covered in hay :p Sadly you can't stop her, all you can do is give her a reality check and advice - but she will most likely not want you to have something she doesn't, and will ignore all the bad points if she wants something, soooooo....:(

yep. I'll show her the pricing of everything, I'll have her over one morning, very early to do the buns, cos I do my buns at 6:30 in the morning and I'll point her in the right direction, so they are happy, healthy buns. But I still won't be happy about it. Is there anything else I can do to stop her?

Last edited:
Tell her about the costs-

neutering
vaccinations
food

And then emergency vet bills- £100 BEFORE any treatment at many vets!

Moan a lot about them, tell her how much "trouble" they are etc :D

Does sounds like she has seen yours and thinks "ooh cute, I want one" :roll:

The cost has come out as £477 - £2764 altogether for two rabbits. Will that shock her enough? I've put running costs too.

I think letting her spend more time with yours is a good idea. Like letting her clean them out, do bum checks and all the other less than fluffy stuff we have to put up with. ;) If she still wants some after a couple of weeks then at least you know there's more chance of her sticking at it.

Heh.
Three of my friends did exactly that.
I'm still angry at all three, because none of them ever listened to a word I said.

you can't do more than you are doing though. ^^

thanks. I gave her the cost sheet, and she was like, Wooah, they are expensive!! So hopefully, that's jocked something. :rolleyes: Is there anything else I can give her? And how much does insurance cost a month?

Last edited:
ooh, do a search for rabbit damage to show her how destructive they can be. Ruined lawns, chewed carpets etc. :)

she still wants some even when I gave her the cost sheet. I guess she really wants one. Any advice I can give her? She doesn't have the internet. I can't get any rabbit stuff without internet, so do any of you guys get stuff without internet?

Back