• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lazy rabbit??

Rice

Mama Doe
So I'm not sure if Piper is just being lazy or if there is something wrong with her. Piper stays in her hutch during the day while I am at work and then when I get home I let her out and she has free roam of the house for six hours or so. Normally she is super excited to get out and jumps out immediately, but lately she's been staying in her hutch for most of the time. She's eating fine and pooping like normal and I've checked her over for everything I can think of but she seems fine other than she doesn't come out and play. Should I worry?? Is she lonely maybe? I try to give her all the attention I can but who knows...

Ok I'm going to update this and try again to see if anyone has any advice! Hubby thinks she's scared and thats why she won't come out of her cage. She's acting like she did when we first got her a month ago, really nervous around people. She was doing so well, becoming so friendly, and I can't figure out why she'd be afraid of me again all of a sudden :cry:

My rabbit occasionally sulks? He loves being out of his hutch, but if for some reason he's had to remain in there when he doesn't feel he had to, he can get sulky and go and hide in his bed, or refuse to let me bring him out...?

That's all I can think of, sorry. ^^;

Once my rabbit had "finished" exploring the entire house (It took roughly a month or so) she did a lot less running around and sometimes when we let her out (our routine is very similar to yours, shes in during the day and out all evening) she would just go back in her house to hang out or nap or eat.

It could be that she is sulking as well. She could just not be curious about her surroundings as she is finished exploring them, and feels comfortable with the layout...

If she has reverted back and become nervous, keep doing what your doing and she'll come out of her shell soon!

...On a side note, now that I got my bunny her friend and I have two, she runs and plays a lot more...She could just be bored or lonely (you don't necessarily have to get her a friend...You could try giving her more things to play with, or move the furniture so she has to explore everything again!!)

Back