• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

argh, this is so annoying! IDIOTS!

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
Why oh why do people get rabbits if they don't [edit- please use the censored icon] want them?????
I mentioned I was looking after someone's rabbit for a while and I saw the guy's daughter today and I asked how Daisy was, she said that Daisy has runny poo, I said have you checked her bum is clean? she said " eww, I'm not touching her, she stinks!"
I was like " well I think she needs to go to the vets, it could be serious"
and she said, " well my dad doesn't want to waste money on a rabbit!" :cry: :evil:
I hope poor Daisy is gonna be okay, and I wish people would think things through before getting a rabbit!

(oh and yes, she is blaming me for making her ill, even though it was probably their [edit} mouldy hay !)

Last edited by a moderator:
sadly there is nothing I can do, i'm just a teenager :rolleyes: :evil:

I wish there was some way of helping her

Last edited:
can't you go round and offer to have a look - to see if it has fly strike or something awful if it stinks and has a poo-ey bum?

I suppose I could offer to clean her up and rear-guard her , i'll call them now and see if I can tomorrow, I just hope it's not to bad :?

It is frustrating sometimes i know :(
All you can do really Beth is offer them some advice and hope they take it :(

Sorry to hear this Beth - some people are just :censored:

Hope you can help Daisy out.....thinking of you and her xx

I don't know if what the laws are where you live (they are different everywhere) but 'letting an animal suffer" is usually illegal...You may try phoning your local SPCA or Humane Society...if the animal is suffering because she is sick, they could perhaps seize the rabbit? Hopefully...

Please keep us posted!

okay, I just phoned hera nd she said do what ever, aslong as she doesn't smell anymore :rolleyes: okay, i am picking her up tomorrow morning, I wonder what state she'll be in :?

do they still want her? maybe you could take her off them and find her a new home - if she needs the vets the owners might ask you to do that anyway rather than have to pay. People should realise a rabbit costs just as much as a cat or dog!:shock:

I dunno, i probably shouldn't take her, I do have a spare hutch, but everyoen here thinks I have to many bunnies anyway :oops: so I'll see what she's liek tomorrow :?

IF I did get her, i'd probably keep for a few weeks to make sure she is healthy etc, and get her checked over and vaccinated at the vets :D but i'll have to see what tomorrow holds ( the owner is a tad OTT and probably blew this out of proportion :rolleyes: )

Back