• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

French Lops

Mine have cleared a barrier that is almost 3ft in height, but if you are looking for a fence to contain him then I would make it as high as possible.
Taz

We keep our two in seperate rooms. We used to divde the rooms by putting a very large box inbetween the door but Amber was able to clearly jump it. This makes me afriad that if we were to put up a baby gate, she could easily jump that to. Amber is already able to jump onto a chest of draws and a windowsill:shock:

Last edited:
Mine is very lazy so the sofa is about as high as he goes....unless he can smell SS pellets or fruit then he can jump higher than anyone!! There is a lot of power in those back paws when they can be bothered to use them!!:lol:

They are generally fully grown by 12 months and fully mature rabbits by 16-18 months. At 12 weeks they are just all ears and bobtails:) They go through a gangly, uncoordinated stage at around 6 months where their ears and back legs are out of proportion with the rest of the body. They start to get their adult coats at 6 months plus. Unfortunately, they do not live as long as the smaller buns, 4-5 being the average lifespan:( .

Last edited:
Jasmine one of my French lops can jump on to the top of my runs which are 3ft3" with no effort at all, my others are lazy

mines jumped onto a 4 foot hutch, they jumped very well when they want too, its the getting down that they seem puzzled with:lol: :lol: :lol:

Amber always looks puzzled as to how to get down after having so easily jumped up on to the chest of draws which is quite a hight compared to her:D

I would say they can jump quite high!! Fleur jumped onto dining chair and the next thing I knew she was on the actual table. She also jumped over a divider in the shed that must have been about 4 ft plus high to get to her boyfriend before I had officially bonded them!! First time I've had a french lop and I would say she is the most mischevious rabbit I have ever had - good fun though!!

After finding Honey on the top shelf of her shed this morning i'd say very high!!! The top shelf is at about 5ft off the ground!! and then there is a big bale of hay on top of that and a large bale fo sawdust and there she was perched ontop of it all!! I nearly had a heart attack as she sat there proud as punch :shock:

Back