• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milly's Castor

Are the whole hairs black or just parts of it? Cause I'm kind of wondering if she might be castor/aguti (aguti is called castor in rex) Their hairs are black and brown.

Is that the hairs coming through? Agouti fur looks black as it starts growing as it has black tips.

it looked quite dark. I'll get a piccie tomorrow as I can't really remember all the details. Thanks anyway. I'll answer your question tomorrow.

here's her coat. I've separated the hairs so you can see the black hairs underneath and the brown tips. and you can see how dark brown her spots are now, just a week later.

63t7uom.jpg

I don't think she's tricolor.
More like castor.;)
Aguti bunnies may be darker at certain places, also their hairs are both black and brown.

Hi
Just to update this thread, Milly has now got black base hairs and brown tips with black on the very VERY tips of the hairs. She looks dark brown so I think she may be castor dalmation rex.

I *think* the breeding of this doe was accidental????

although why a breeder would HAVE an upspayed rescue is a question to ask...

Back