• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look at this!! 500 rabbits......

I do not know, its like they rescue them all etc but hey are all kept together, and to be honest how can anybody keep good health checks on 500 rabbits and make sure they are clean:? - bit dodgey x

Not to sure they said the rabbits travelled 72 hours or something i think :? :roll: and they cant all be neutered/spayed, injections etc :roll: if you click on the contact us may say where it is, not exactly sure.x

yep. 72 hours in trucks, although she did say they were air contioned. and it's so true that they can't all be neutered/spayed and injections. their contact address is this, i've never seen an address like it:

P.O. Box 7
Whittaker, MI 48190

Its in the US, in Michigan. Macguyver bunny posted a thread about it yesterday, but I was too lazy to find the link... :rolleyes: She says some local vets in the area donated their services to spay/neuter all the rabbits that weren't already. On the link if you read the Reno rabbits link at the top it explains a little further why they are all there.

I think it's fantastic!! And whilst I agree that it would be hard to keep health checks on all of them I personally would rather give those rabbits the lives they are going to have than the ones they have come from and (might get shot for saying this) also they are going to have so much freedom, if I had the choice I would rather give a rabbit 3years in that environment than 10 in a small hutch and run. However much space we give our rabbits they could always outlive and outrun it.

*gets back on her chair after falling off it in shock* :shock: SERIOSULY??? oh dear .... erm...:shock:

THIS IS NOT A CRITICISM AT ALL :lol: :roll:

Last edited:
Goodness me, get a grip! I can't believe someone would be criticising them for this fantastic work! I'm sure they are extremely well cared for and the staff would have a system of checking them regularly.

Goodness me, get a grip! I can't believe someone would be criticising them for this fantastic work! I'm sure they are extremely well cared for and the staff would have a system of checking them regularly.

:shock: excuse me i do hope that was not a comment made towards me thankyou very much :roll: I did not say anything about it ...i have never ever seen that many rabbits before so i was just checking it was not a joke :oops: :lol: LOADS!

I am not critisizing them at all! They are doing a fantastic job of looking after all these buns and giving them new homes, and they seem keen to help any rabbit in need. All im saying IS - it must be very difficult to keep health checks on 500 rabbits! they once had over 1200 so you could imagine. But they are doing a good job and are employing people to help so yes welldone to them!

Great work, I already saw that and thought it was great. :D

They are all speutered, and in the USA Myxi/VHD vaccinations aren't available anyway. Brill. :thumb:

I think it's fantastic!! And whilst I agree that it would be hard to keep health checks on all of them I personally would rather give those rabbits the lives they are going to have than the ones they have come from and (might get shot for saying this) also they are going to have so much freedom, if I had the choice I would rather give a rabbit 3years in that environment than 10 in a small hutch and run. However much space we give our rabbits they could always outlive and outrun it.

Totally agree:thumb:

Back